• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Upgrading Sails at Shipyards

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
OK, I know we have Nixarass's little "clean your sails" mod. This is a good little mod and I still use it sometimes when I don't like the sails of a particular ship I want to keep. :onya

However I want to talk about modding the GUI at the shipyard so we not only can buy guns, but sails too. Don't know why I didn't think about it earlier, but with the work Firebat and others did on GUI changes, it should also be possible to add sail upgrades to the GUI window. The old AOP Carribean Tales had this as an option at the shipyards. You could buy new better quality sails and they were the same three textures we are using in COAS now. So.... :shrug I'm just asking the question and seeing if anyone bites.

MK

AOP: CT, even thou with it's bugs, had a lot of neat little features that COAS doesn't have, why, I have no Idea ... :shrug

COAS just seems like POTC but improved ...

In Caribbean Tales I like when you boarded another ship it had the camera effect, to seem like the ship was moving.

And Modernknight I like that idea also, maybe one day we could see that in the CM :onya

It just seems like in AOP: CT they were trying to add more things that made the game more interesting, I think it even had way more weapons and items, but for some reason they wanted to go back to bland gameplay ...

AOP: CT, even thou with it's bugs, had a lot of neat little features that COAS doesn't have, why, I have no Idea ... :shrug

COAS just seems like POTC but improved ...

In Caribbean Tales I like when you boarded another ship it had the camera effect, to seem like the ship was moving.

And Modernknight I like that idea also, maybe one day we could see that in the CM :onya

It just seems like in AOP: CT they were trying to add more things that made the game more interesting, I think it even had way more weapons and items, but for some reason they wanted to go back to bland gameplay ...

Yeah, I totally agree Fiend. What's up with that? We get a much bigger, better, more playable game/environment that actually works really good, but we lose a whole bunch of cool little detailed features that made AOP1 CT fun to play.

I complained a long time ago about not being able to buy bronze guns. Where did they go? This is so historical. Bronze was heavier but required less materiel to be as strong as iron, it was more durable, fouled less, preferred by most Captains and Admirals, and 10 times more expensive than iron guns........yet we can't have them in COAS. I loved that about AOP1.

Give me multiple sail texture upgrades and bronze guns in shipyards I say!!! What What! :woot

MK

I totally agree, the bronze guns did indeed add a new dimension to the game! That's why I just have no idea into why everything in AOP1 wasn't put in COAS, just can't wrap my mind around it ... :shrug

That's why I said it's just like POTC, bland, but a bigger and playable environment environment - but that's it

I have been thinking of maybe playing AOP1 and trying the Secret of the far seas add on to see how it is ...

Tbh, I like the fighting animations in AOP1 better in COAS, they may seem a little weird to some people but I love them, it's different and is fun to watch. Again, the fighting animations in COAS look almost Identical to the POTC ones lol, am I detecting a pattern here? lol :cheers

But yeah, totally agree with the sails too!

Back