• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Use of profiles?

Ketchup

Sailor
When you start a new game, there is a profiles button. I'm curious as to weather this means you can have more than 1 career on a story line, so 1 career as a random guy on the Free Play story line and another as someone else on the free play story line. I just want to know as I have become a chevalier as Jean Laffite and want to know if I can start another one and level up as another nation without loosing the progress as Jean Laffite.

That is indeed exactly what it is for. Just use a new profile name and you're all set.

You can, but it's liable to mess up saving and loading games. What I've found is that if I have several profiles in one storyline then, if you press F1 to save a game, you can't see any of the previous savegames and can't overwrite a now obsolete one; and if you try to load a game, you can't see any of the previous savegames. The only way to load a game and tidy up obsolete saves is to quit entirely and start PoTC again. The savegames are fine, it's just getting at them which becomes difficult.

But you can also use "Profiles" to switch between different storylines. So you could have one profile for "Free-Play" and one for "Tales of a Sea Hawk", for example. That doesn't have the same problem.

Indeed the Profiles system is a bit dodgy. It mostly works, but has some strange effects like @Grey Roger describes.
Still, it should be possible to work around those.

Back