• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released USS Constitution upgrade

So will we be able to include her in the next modpack release in a month and a bit?

Yes, all four new variants can replace the existing ones (USS_Constitution and BattleFrigates).

With no new input I deleted the two top staysl's. Here is the French version. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/02bzLyEC1O/POTC screenies/FR BF.jpg

They need pics so will be put on DropBox later.

They still need walk files.

Oops... Missed all that while I was gone. I definitely like the sail plan. Having the sails set like that would facilitate sailing to windward, since the extra pressure from the mizzen topmast stays'l would help stop the head of the vessel from falling off the wind.

Armada has his hands full with other projects. That leaves it to Luke159 and Craiggo. I do not know what their schedule is like.

Ahoy mates, I've now modified the old Constitution walk file to fit the new models, and have a Sailorspoints file for CoAS as well. :dance
I'll get everything compiled into one package for both games tomorrow.

Right, I've now uploaded the files. See first post for details. That's one less project to worry about! :keith

Note: The interface screenshots for PotC will be updated in the next patch, and new ones will need making for CoAS.
I also kept the original max crew value of 540 men, instead of reducing it to 450 as suggested a few pages back.
I'm slightly concerned that reducing it would affect the maximum efficiency of the ship, particularly when firing cannons.
However, the ships now use 24 pounder long guns as requested.

Armada, now that I'm back home, would there be any chance of you putting all your new stuff together in one file?

No rush though... I'm only home for a week before going on holiday, so it'll be at least a month before the next PotC update.

Possibly, but some of what I've done needs further rigging work from Hylie before it's release-worthy, so it's likely he'll upload most of it.
I'll have a look through my stuff anyway and see what can be packaged up.

Just wanted to thank you for your amazing work on these ships. The Endymion class frigates are my favorite!

I've been visiting Boston plenty times over the years, but never saw much of the place.
Now for the first time ever.... Photo's taken two hours ago by yours sincerely:

IMG_3355.JPG IMG_3364.JPG

Great pics mate! :onya

I am thinking about going to Boston next year when L' Hermione sails in to port. It would be great to see those two frigates together, but I am not sure what part of Boston harbor they will be in.

I've actually got a bunch more pictures, but am not posting them due to my slow Internet connection.
Fun anyway! :cheers

Back