• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug [Vanilla AoP2] Cannot Start English Nation Questline with Patent.

Damsie64

Powder Monkey
It's been a long time that I've visited the forum(maybe not?) but I need help for now.

I got an English Privateer Patent using debug(F11) mode and I went into the CoAS using debug mode and got out with my speedy ship. I sailed to Cuba to capture 2 spanish cities and somehow it was truned into a pirate port when I did not even start the Pirate Questline. I then sailed to Port Royal for some crew, officers and to start the English Nation Questline. However, somehow Modyford said that he will only deal with men who serve Blah-blah(basically means people with patents) when I actually have 1 patent in my inventory. I haven't tried attacking an English fort to remove my patent then sailing away from the fort to escape from it then get a patent from Diplomat yet even though I tried to attack the fort and I don't have the time to do it(I play AoP2 once a week cuz I'm too busy). Hence, I went to Puerto Principe(I did not ask Jackmann for any work) to find an old friend. However, he refused to give me work. I then used debug mode to get to Antigua to try to remove my patent as Goodley said that I need to wash my hands off England(he didn't mention that but that's what he meant) so I went back to Puerto Principe to ask Goodley again and... well, he says he same thing again. Then, went back to Port Royal to start with the "Find the location where Pearl Divers ply their trade" quest. That's all I've done. I don't know if the debug mode caused this because my patent was a debugged patent (got it from cheats) and I have the debug mode on and I activated the MOD BETATEST MODE using F11 then by clicking installations, (at the bottom right of screen) I actiavted it. Then I used one button to get myself a patent of England. Did that affect the thingie? I'll to buyone patent from Diplomat then I'll see what happens.

NOTE: I can buy everything that is in the game from any storekeeper or street merchants.

Thanks.

I don´t know anything about mods or cheats because i never use them. The only thing that i do know is that in the regular game you are not allowed to capture cities for yourself or a nation if you didn´t finish all General Governor Quests for one nation before or got the order from a General Governor to capture a city for him. If you ignore that, the flag of a captured city automaticly turns into a pirate flag and no General Governor will ever work with you again. :checklist

I don´t know anything about mods or cheats because i never use them. The only thing that i do know is that in the regular game you are not allowed to capture cities for yourself or a nation if you didn´t finish all General Governor Quests for one nation before or got the order from a General Governor to capture a city for him. If you ignore that, the flag of a captured city automaticly turns into a pirate flag and no General Governor will ever work with you again. :checklist
If that's the case, then governor-general should say that I have loose-ends with a nation or he will say something about me working for the Brotherhood of the Coast.

Once you start the Pirate Quest-Line the General Governors of all nations will also stop working with you. Same result as if you are capturing Cities without permission. Of course it can also have to do with that you didn´t get your Patent in the regular way, by fulfilling all 5 necessary quests for a City Governor before.:checklist

Last edited:
Once you start the Pirate Quest-Line the General Governors of all nations will also stop working with you. Same result as if you are capturing Cities without permission. Of course it can also have to do with that you didn´t get your Patent in the regular way, by fulfilling all 5 necessary quests for a City Governor before.:checklist
I bought a real patent from Diplomat and it did the job.

OK, i never tried it that way round, might also work. My favourite way is to save cities 5 times from the undead attacks and after i have a lot of easy money and governors also offer me the patent.

Back