• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Various Main and Side Quest Issues

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Are there any other known problems mentioned in the walkthroughs that you are aware of and that should ideally be fixed some time?

I have never been sure if this is a problem (bug) or is meant to happen - since it does make sense

At the end of Sabine Matton side -quest:-

Code:
OR take Sabine back to Martinique and ransom her from Arnaud Matton – Talk to Arnaud in St Pierre Store – either hand over Sabine there [TRAP] or agree to meet at Octopus Bay for handover – get 5,000 gold.

WARNING - Arnaud Matton if you ransom Sabine then Arnaud Matton may not appear in the Store any longer (so you won’t be able to buy supplies there ) – not sure if this is a bug or is meant to happen

Since this means that there is no storekeeper in St Pierre - perhaps Arnaud should be replaced by a new Storekeeper :shrug

:read

Are there any other known problems mentioned in the walkthroughs that you are aware of and that should ideally be fixed some time?

Also:-

The Thierry Bosquet - Pirates in the Tavern Quest

Code:
  1) -WARNING - BETA 3 This quest only works in the Nathaniel Hawk Story. In the other Stories it will fail as the tavernkeeper has no dialog for giving you the IOU. So do not talk to Thierry in the other stories.

2)-WARNING Beta 3 Bug – This quest stops Help The Boatswain ( Fred Bob ) quest from starting – so if you want Fred Bob complete that quest first.

I asume that 1) has been fixed now - how about no. 2 :read

:cheers

I am not sure if this one has been fixed or not:shrug

In Jack Sparrow - Brock -Brinkley story - when you rescue the Brin girls from Skull ( Help Shaypen at Nevis )

Code:
In Pirate Leaders house - long talk between Jack Sparrow / Skull -Pirate Leader / Brinkley / Shaypen – Skull gives you piece of map (for 2 diamonds )– Bottom Left – QB Update

At the end you leave with the Brin girls - Brinkley talks to you outside Pirate leader’s house

Go to the Piirate settlement Port - Sail to Bridgetown Barbados

At Bridgetown port Shaypen talks to you on jetty says Brinkley arrested - gives you money for your ship she took & leaves

( BUG: Wait till she disappears before leaving - check she is not passenger before sailing to Port Royale – if Shaypen is still passenger Brin girls will not run to father at Port Royale Townhall )

Sail to Port Royale Jamaica - go to town hall - Brin girls run to father - Governor Brin thanks you for rescuing his daughters - Rewards you with Ship/money.

Sail to Speightstown Barbados

:read

Are any of these done already?

I have to check them. The Thierry Bosquet one is definitely fixed though.

maybe @A.H could play trough these quests and see if anything goes wrong?

Eventually I want to play through them too. But not until after a few more issues have been tackled as per the plan I posted a few days back.
These are relatively small long standing issues so they can probably remain open for a little while longer.

Any thoughts on this? Which ones should still be fixed?

Which ones should still be fixed?
All of them, I think.
Most are with quite short sidequests, so I may be able to do those soon.

For the Jack Sparrow one, I'll have to ask @Talisman for a savegame prior to this point:

In Jack Sparrow - Brock -Brinkley story - when you rescue the Brin girls from Skull ( Help Shaypen at Nevis )

All of them, I think.
Most are with quite short sidequests, so I may be able to do those soon.

For the Jack Sparrow one, I'll have to ask @Talisman for a savegame prior to this point:

I will probably start playing this story Next Week - so I will attach a Save for you then.

I am not sure ( from memory ) if any of the jump Starts take you close to this point.

:drunk

going to close this topic. There is a seperate one for brinkley now.

Maybe @Grey Roger could have a look at the missing storekeeper?
I guess in that case just renaming (and other model) him and putting him back should be enough.

Since this means that there is no storekeeper in St Pierre - perhaps Arnaud should be replaced by a new Storekeeper :shrug
This seemed quite a simple fix. This code:
Code:
       npchar.location   = "Falaise_de_Fleur_store";
       npchar.location.locator = "locator4";
Should be this:
Code:
       npchar.location   = "Falaise_de_Fleur_store";
       npchar.location.locator = "goto1";
That should at least make the game playable again after that point.

There are still a dozen or so other things that should be improved here, but I made that into a separate Feature Request that can be done later as well:
Feature Request - Improve Baldewyn Coffier & Arnaud/Sabine Matton Sidequests | PiratesAhoy!

The main Matton issue has now been fixed, though there is still MASSIVE room for improvement:
Feature Request - Improve Baldewyn Coffier & Arnaud/Sabine Matton Sidequests | PiratesAhoy!

@Talisman regarding that Thierry Bosquet #2 point: How exactly did that quest prevent Fred Bob?
I think it is probably fixed now because that sidequest now DOES work in all storylines.

For Miss Shaypen ( :rofl ), I think this might help, but that would need to be tested:
Code:
     case "Jamaica_bound":
       LAi_ActorGoToLocation(characterFromID("Susan Shaypen"), "reload", "reload2", "none", "", "", "", 20.0);
     //break;

//case "Jamaica_bound2":
       //ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Susan Shaypen"), "none", "");
       RemoveOfficersIndex(pchar, GetCharacterIndex("Susan Shaypen"));
       RemovePassenger(pchar, characterFromID("Susan Shaypen"));

Pchar.quest.Meet_Governor_Brin_Redmond.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.Meet_Governor_Brin_Redmond.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
       Pchar.quest.Meet_Governor_Brin_Redmond.win_condition.l1.location = "Redmond_residence";
       Pchar.quest.Meet_Governor_Brin_Redmond.win_condition = "Meet_Governor_Brin_Redmond";
     break;
It seems quite a lot of similar situations are scattered around the Jack Sparrow storyline code.
Will be near impossible to catch all of them without actually playing through them.

So I think everything here is now "Fixed" or at least close enough to be playable.
Anything else should be caught in future play-throughs of the game. I hope....

Back