• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
For those of you who might not be aware, Topware Interactive and Reality Pump announced a few weeks ago that they would be re-releasing Raven's Cry under the new title "Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry." If you have previously purchased Raven's Cry, this new update is free, almost. I am posting this because I want to make sure that anyone who actually paid for this game get's as much out of their money as they possibly can.

They have also released a new launch trailer :

They say they have fixed a lot of bugs and added some new content :

• Rewards for quest completion have been enhanced.
  • Christopher’s fighting skills have been enhanced and improved.
  • Numerous new quests have been added and existing quests have been enhanced.
  • Faster sailing: sailing has been tweaked to be more dynamic, with a speed-up option that accelerates time.
  • Enhanced and upgraded trading system.
  • An upgraded skill system with new skills to unlock.
  • Quest indicators for easy, medium and difficult quests have been added, in addition to an improved hint system.
  • In-game achievements with progress indicators have been added where applicable.
  • A robust Alchemy system has been added, allowing players to collect various herbs and alcohols to brew potent potions and tinctures with a variety of effects.
  • Use a variety of historically accurate flags to trick your enemies, disguise your intentions, and improve the appearance of your vessel.
  • Free-sailing mode allows players to sail without restrictions.
  • New videos and cut-scenes.
  • Completely re-recorded English voice acting.
  • Improved fighting system with new combos, slow motion finishing moves and weapons.
They have also added a new, interactive map that is supposed to provide information on the settings and quests in Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry, you can find that map here : Curse Of Ravens Cry, Ravens Cry, Vendetta Ps4 Game, Vendetta Pc Game, Vendetta Game

To get your free upgrade Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry, you will need to head over to their website and fill out the form located at Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry. our own @Red Back Dude recently did get his free upgrade and has posted about his experiences with both the upgrade process and the "new" version of the game and you can find those posts starting HERE!

For further information about Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry, follow these coordinates:
Curse Of Ravens Cry, Ravens Cry, Vendetta Ps4 Game, Vendetta Pc Game, Vendetta Game
Security Check Required
VendettaTheGame (@VendettaCurse) | Twitter

About Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry plunges players into a dark pirate adventure in the savage 18th century Caribbean. Assume the role of fierce antihero Christopher Raven, as he chases his revenge across the ocean, searching for Captain Neville Scranton and his murderous crew, the Devil’s Tines. Fight your way across stormy seas to pirate hide-outs, wealthy villas and untamed jungle islands. Seize your destiny, and find your revenge as you become the most feared pirate in the Caribbean. Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry is available since the 20th of November, 2015 for PC, Mac, Linux and Steam OS in both standard and Digital Deluxe Editions. A retail and console version is scheduled for release in Q1 2016.

Attachments

• CRw2pZjUEAAQfzq.png large.png
    CRw2pZjUEAAQfzq.png large.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Rewards for quest completion have been enhanced. - yet to be seen.
  • Christopher’s fighting skills have been enhanced and improved. - the same but now it works.
  • Numerous new quests have been added and existing quests have been enhanced. - the entire first hour of the game is the same.
  • Faster sailing: sailing has been tweaked to be more dynamic, with a speed-up option that accelerates time. - about the same and i haven't seen the speed up option.
  • Enhanced and upgraded trading system. - the second worst trading system i have seen in a game so far (first prize to sunless sea)
  • An upgraded skill system with new skills to unlock. - was not impressed .
  • Quest indicators for easy, medium and difficult quests have been added, in addition to an improved hint system.
  • In-game achievements with progress indicators have been added where applicable.
  • A robust Alchemy system has been added, allowing players to collect various herbs and alcohols to brew potent potions and tinctures with a variety of effects
    - robust? really?

• Use a variety of historically accurate flags to trick your enemies, disguise your intentions, and improve the appearance of your vessel.
  • Free-sailing mode allows players to sail without restrictions. - that's not free sailing! you get to sail around after a battle in an area of ocean.. woo.. i found that after a while i either hit an invisible wall or the wind totally changed and i was dead in the water
  • New videos and cut -scenes. - the same ones.
  • Completely re-recorded English voice acting. - the missing ones now with extra echo.
  • Improved fighting system with new combos, slow motion finishing moves and weapons - yet to be seen.
    • :rumgone

The sad thing is that i LOVED topwaress other games i still play two worlds and two worlds two even re-played them again this year.
      Just what happened to these guys? :shrug

Vendetta : Curse Of Gamers Cry

Last edited:
Seriously, suing for bad reviews?? And I thought these guys couldn't get any more slimy.

Why would they sue reviewers, did they buy their reviews and get less favorable results despite that?

Last edited:
I dont think we should add fuel to that fire here without knowing the whole story.
I do think they could have handled that situation allot better, and not ended up threatening someone with lawsuits - but all in all, my personal conviction of what I understand of the situation is that they are in the full right to do so, as the person in question does imply that the Devs have done something that is listed as fraud, and fraud is a crime - but accusing someone of fraud without proof or grounds is also a crime.

But again... I think they could have handled it allot better if they had stopped up and calmed down and placed a official and thorough statement instead of a heated and much emotional (and what looked like a personal) statement, rather than a company view of the situation. There have been several examples of great games in dev who have faltered because a Dev Company's faulty understanding of the importance of always having a good PR policy on how to talk to your community. Just look at "Warmonger" where one comment from one of the main devs on a forum caused a massive negative responses from the community, and turned it against the Devs - which ultimately very much ended in the abandonment of the development of the game.

DO bare in mind that many of these so called reviewers and active people on forums like the steam one, are flat out trolls and live to provoke - and often do NOT EVEN OWN the game they are bashing away at.
And that is JUST as devastating to a games status in a community, as the Devs displaying poor PR abilities...

NOW - I know that Raven's Cry has a history among the community, and that there have been disappointment after disappointment regarding promises made by the Devs while developing the game - and the "final" and extremely bugged "finished" first release of a "Product"....

BUT! as I have not been part of the community who followed it previously (only learning about this AFTER I bought the deluxe version) - I see the game ONLY as it is NOW (as in when it was released the first time) and not what it COULD or SHOULD have been ;)

And purely on that notion -

I like the game
(apart from the many bugs in the first version) :p

I like the atmosphere in it, I like the sea battles and I like the many possibilities in the game and the vast open game-world.
I like the trading options and sandbox elements.

In many ways it feels like a graphically revamped PoTC. And if it would have been made mod-able (which I have no idea of if it is or not), I am sure it could easily have been used as a future NEW platform for New Horizons or something similar.

I have at least filed my request to get my upgraded version of Raven's Cry, and look forward to play it again - And hopefully be able to finish it this time as I was not able the last time around of a bug stopping my story-line... :p

NOW do not get me wrong, I have absolutely NO trust in the Dev team on it, and I have absolutely NO respect for them as they have kept on making bad decisions. That respect and trust must be earned.
But i do have FAITH in the actual game! I really enjoyed playing it. its by FAR more interesting than Assasins Creed's overly arcadish style, and there IS allot of depth in the chore mechanics and possibilities you are given. There IS allot of blatant cliche humor as well. Now I know that this is a element that the early follower do not like as they were promised a more realistic and natural Pirate game.

But I simply LOVE this humor - as it feels more like playing in the world of Captain Jack Sparrow that you find in the Disney movie versions of Pirates of Caribbean (although allot more mature in nature and content :p )

It IS still a bit Arcade'ish, but still realistically enough for me to enjoy it when I do not want a Simulation'ish experience.

Would I recommend buying it? Hell yeah - as it IS a relatively good Pirate Game, just a good stereotypical cliche one with many realistic'ish elements and a vast open world!
But I would advice to wait a little more to make sure they have ironed out a few bugs I have read are still there.

When i have played the "upgraded" re-release version to the point that I have finished the overall story-line I will make a new remark here and tell you if i still mean what I have just stated - or if I have become a "hater" too.

At the moment I think it is way to early to do so, and to advice other people to stay away, because the game itself does actually deserve a chance - even if the Dev's themselves do not ;)

I meant to post this over the weekend but ran out of free time, anyway, I agree the game certainly has potential! I do like the atmosphere they set in the game and the art style is quite well done. That being said however, I have some major issues with the way pirates are portrayed. I have not played the game, nor do I intend to. I have however watched several Let's Plays on Youtube to try and get a good feel for it, the original game that is, not Vendetta. Since the beginning, this games tag line has been "So you think you know pirates?", well, here at PA we do!

In this game, as with almost all pirate games, the pirate captain is the focus and is portrayed as absolute ruler of his ship and crew. I understand the need of that perspective, especially in a single player game. Historically however, this was simply not the case. Privateers and captains with Letters of Marque were a different story, but pirate captains simply weren't given that kind of power. The pirate crews knew the need for discipline, and as a lot had formerly served on military vessels, that type of officer hierarchy was used. the only time pirate captains had any real power was during a fight or, to a lesser extent, a chase. The rest of the time, the crew was in charge, usually by voting, with the Quartermaster having most of the real power on board ship. The captain was held to the signed articles just like the rest of the crew.

There were rare exceptions like Blackbeard, for instance, but even as dreaded as he was, he would not have gotten away with literally pissing all over his ship and crew. Any captain treating his crew in such a manner would have woken up with a permanent ear to ear smile, if he had woken up at all. For the captain of a pirate ship to make the kind of decisions these games require, he would have to show a lot more respect to his crew, even while intimidating them the way that Blackbeard did. He would also have to prove that following his orders was the best way to find good booty hauls, otherwise the crew would decide where they went and who they attacked. It's a much more complicated system than what any other game since the original Pirates has portrayed. I am hoping to get that kind of system in to Hearts of Oak, but it will certainly be a challenge, to say the least!

For the captain of a pirate ship to make the kind of decisions these games require, he would have to show a lot more respect to his crew, even while intimidating them they way that Blackbeard did. He would also have to prove that following his orders was the best way to find good booty hauls, otherwise the crew would decide where they went and who they attacked. It's a much more complicated system than what any other game since the original Pirates has portrayed. I am hoping to get that kind of system in to Hearts of Oak, but it will certainly be a challenge, to say the least!
PotC does try to do that with the "Divide the Plunder" mode.
When playing as a pirate, if you don't make enough money, you'll have a mutiny on your hands.

For me it is a sad situation. I cannot in any fairness review the game as it is now, the damage has already been done by these devs and i simply cannot be fair to the game so there is only really this to say for me ; This is the game that should have released it's reasonably stable and all the mechanics seem to be working as intended. Now it is simply down to a matter of personal taste as to whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Thanks to @Red Back Dude who pointed this out to me, I thought I would go ahead and post it here instead of writing a full blown article. Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry has been pulled from Steam. There has been no official word form Steam or Topware as to why, but speculation is the posting of false positive reviews. There were reports that they were still selling Steam keys on Vendetta's web site, but that seems to have been removed. at least Topware's store was "down for maintenance."

You can read more here : Vendetta- Curse of Raven’s Cry Removed from Steam

Uh ohh. Steam seems to be pretty lenient about a lot of things so this could be a big deal.

Back