• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Vera Cruz "The Aztec Gold" problem

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
Now you might have known about this if you already saw my second post on my previosu issue, but I'll state it here in a seperate issue, since it is seperate from the other one of course. This time, I have to go to Vera Cruz on Cozumel for the Aztec gold quest. When I get to "Land Ho!" and in sight of the island, I am teleported to a beach, then Emilio comes up to talk to me. Problem being that he says NOTHING at all. Not ".....", just nothing. Empty. Zilch. Squat. The next section is locked and I am stuck on the beach. I have a few saves before this incident, but I have tried reverting back to them and try again to no prevail. Sigh... :?

Now I had this 'no text' problem with this spanish captain in The Hunter quest, and I did some searching around and apparently I had to remove an underscore from the name of a word file which housed the character's dialogue. So I though it might have been the same problem here, although I can't seem to find anything. I have found 4 word files for Emilio Soares, and decided to look at the section of code for that part of the quest and see if I could come up with anything that might have messed it up. Of course I failed typically. So I decided to see if anyone here might know of the problem or a possible fix. I have an error log as well if that helps.

RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range
RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\BattleInterface.c; line: 602
missed attribute: waterattenuation
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\BattleInterface.c; line: 602
no rAP data

Hope I can get it sorted out soon. It is my favorite storyline so far. Well, I have a few more to go yet, but whatever. I seem to be having many problems quest related in my past few days of playing :(

check this thread for fixes --- >>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17712-aztec-treasure-quest-problems/page__view__findpost__p__401474

:cheers

Oh f**k. Now Elting won't say anything in the tavern later on in the quest!

I hope there is also a fix for this as well? :shrug

Ah ha. I have found the other patch for the Elting problem. :cheers

I guess I was too lazy to check the same thread right after I got the problem :doff

Back