• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Video settings in window mode

BobSasZele

Landlubber
I am running the game in window mode (1024x768), windows xp SP3. The game is rather dark so I decided to up the contrast a little. However, when i went to the video options they were all greyed out (both from in-game and main menu). I switched to fullscreen and did it from there but when I went back to window mode it had reset back. As a last resort I opened the config file but found nothing resembling brightness options. Is it even possible to regulate the brightness/contrast/gamma in window mode?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Now I have moved my saves to a new system with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the problem persists even in fullscreen. I can change the settings in the main menu but as soon I enter the load section they get back to default (also not being able to change them in-game). I tried making a new profile and the settings don't reset and are now changeable even in-game but only for that specific profile. I want to be able to regulate the brightness level but I don't want to lose my progress.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Found it!
If anyone is having such problems here's what you do:
1) You go to the "option" folder in the account directory, which is in the installation folder .../Age of Pirates 2/Save/(profile name)/option
2) There should be a file named "options" , open it with notepad/wordpad (preferrably wordpad 'cause of better formatting)
3) In the first half of the page you should find
video.contrast=1.0000000
video.gamma=1.0000000
video.brightness=0.0000000

I believe those are the default settings (middle of the bar), so change them to your liking. A value of video.contrast=1.1000000 shifts the bar to approx. the third quarter to the right, while 1.2000000 is at the right end so be rather careful with the values you give. Afterwards save and exit.
ATTENTION: After you edit the file your controls will be greyed out (blank) so be sure to reset them to default in-game and modify them as you see fit.

Unfortunately this method only works in fullscreen. None of it affects window mode (at least in my case). It would be nice if anyone can confirm this and add any method for the window mode.
Cheers!

@BobSaaZele dude plz help ,my f2 button which used for the sub command menu doesnt work in the game but works fine outside the game and i cant even change the button

PLZ help

Back