• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Village Church

Aerilon

Powder Monkey
Hello there,

i just got caught by the spanish fleet after seizing the 'Anaconda'. Sean Sparrow was so kindly to ferry me to the buccaneer camp. Then Eugene introduced me the two pirates and the quest book updated-
It says "bla bla bla...I know how to get my Ship back, but for this i need to go to the village church". Ok, i am now in the village church, but nothing happens and i can't do anything!?!?!?

What am i supposed to do now? Walking around in the church for an hour now and i have no idea what to do.

You should talk to the priest in the church

there are walkthroughs on the Wiki - a link to them is in this post --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16944-link-to-walkthroughs-on-wiki/page__view__findpost__p__384515

:cheers

Aye, but there is no priest in the church oO

The "Village Church" is the church before this village where you meet Sean Sparrow, right? Or the "real" church in Santo Domingo?

Because the Village Village-Churh is empty...no priest...no nothing. Especially no older savegam....i hate quicksave as much as i love it...^^

:yes

The church is the church in the village.

When you say the church is empty - do you just mean there is no priest - or do you mean there is no inside location ( no interior to the church ) and that you just walk through it.

On the same note as this one, i cannot even find the village church. Which of the villages is it in and what building is it?

I've been to both that I know of on the Island, the one near Boca De Yuman and Boca De Hubon and found no church in either. it's possible the building doesnt show up (had this problem before). If so, I will just look roughly where it is and find the trigger.

On the same note as this one, i cannot even find the village church. Which of the villages is it in and what building is it?

I've been to both that I know of on the Island, the one near Boca De Yuman and Boca De Hubon and found no church in either. it's possible the building doesnt show up (had this problem before). If so, I will just look roughly where it is and find the trigger.

It is the same village where you talked to Sean Sparrow - I think it is on the right as you enter the first section of the village - before you get to the section of village where Sean Sparrow was.

If you had problems with the Warehouses earlier - then you really should re-install & make sure Building_set is switched on in Advanced Options. :yes

Since the Bartolomeu story uses a lot of locations and buildings that are quest specific and have been specially created using the building_set & you will have a lot of problems playing the story with invisible buildings.

:drunk

AND make sure you run Rename.bat in your main game folder. That's not an optional step; it is required.
We moved the BuildingSet files to clean up the models folder and the batch file fixes that up properly in the game.

I've also moved it outside program files. Being in program files in Win7 might not have helped. Ran fine, but I've noticed since the move that all of the forests now have a multitude of trees and things that they never had before. Perhaps this is a sign of distinct improvement.

That means that things indeed did improve and the BuildingSet model files are now in the correct folder. :onya

Back