• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Villanueva quest bug

JackSparrow1

Powder Monkey
Hello guys I have a bug on a quest Villanueva:help two pirates. Cap. Chevalle went to town, I speak to the tavern keeper and he says he is in a brothel. Now I have brothels on in this game, but I can't find the brothel and when I go to the residence there is Villanueva standing, no Chevalle and I can't speak with him. What should I do????

Hello guys I have a bug on a quest Villanueva:help two pirates. Cap. Chevalle went to town, I speak to the tavern keeper and he says he is in a brothel. Now I have brothels on in this game, but I can't find the brothel and when I go to the residence there is Villanueva standing, no Chevalle and I can't speak with him. What should I do????

The Brothel is the building with the pillars next to the Bank. Go inside then upstairs to the Opium Den - Villanueva & Chevalle should be there.

( Villanueva standing in the residence is there for players who have Brothels mod off - which makes Chevalle go to the residence instead)

:cheers

ok i went in that house an upstairs but the door are locked and there is no icon that says its opium den. BUG???

Possibly :yes there should be a icon for the opium den

The brothel madan & her girls were in the building and you could talk to them - yes? :?

Have you tried going back to a save before you talked to the tavern keeper - or before you arrived in Totuga ( and Chevalle ran off ) and tried again.

If it continues not to work - play the sequence untill it breaks then exit the game and post the error logs ( system - compile - error ) as attachments to a post here and hopefully they will give a clue as to what is going wrong.

To enable error logging see item #5 in this post --- >> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

:cheers

No, madam and the girls weren't there, but there was only one woman, but she said she is the owner of the house. And I tried to load before arriving in tortuga and tried again, but nothing.

See Images - this is the building you want - when you enter the loading screen should say Brothel.

:drunk

Attachments

• PotC_TortugaBrothel_1.JPG
    PotC_TortugaBrothel_1.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 182
  • PotC_TortugaBrothel_2.JPG
    PotC_TortugaBrothel_2.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 179
lol this is the house I enter but it looks different when I get in. wait I'll take a picture of it so you can see it.

:?here: downstairs and upstairs.
and I have brothel ON
I don't understand! :?

Attachments

• downstairs.JPG
    downstairs.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 180
  • upstairs.JPG
    upstairs.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 179
I have just checked and - that is the inside of the building when the Brothel mod is off :yes

When did you put the Brothel mod on - I think you might have to do it before you start a game for it to take effect - if you did it during a game ( that is quest e.g. while you were playing the Jack Sparrow main story but before you played Chevalle / Villanueva ) then it won't take effect or might cause problems.

This would explain why you found Villanueva in the residence ( Town Hall ) while the tavern keeper told you to go to the Brothel.

Best thing I can suggest - since you don't want to have to start a new game - is if you can remember when you turned on the Brothel mod - and have a Save from before that - then turn off the brothel mod again and use that Save to play through again - that should get the tavernkeeper to tell you to go to the residence (Townhall ) and Chevalle should be there with Villanueva.

If you don't have a Save then if you have not done the Curse of the Black Pearl part of the Main Story yet - I don't think you will be able to do it because you can't get to the end of the Villanueva quest.

If you have done the Curse of the Black Pearl & are just doing the Pirate Lord sidequests - I suggest you just continue playing them - but you just won't be able to complete Chevalle / Villanueva.

This is the best I can suggest - unless someone welse comes up with a better idea.

:shrug

You don't understand. When I installed the game Brothel was already ON. I haven't done anything. I tried to load that game and turn Brothel OFF and go to the residence and it worked! but the problem is: that load is before some sidequests and I don't want to replay them. But OK i'll just do that then :urgh

Back