• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Want to help(3D Modelling)

AzzaMatta2571

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Provisional
Hello there,

I am a 3D Modeller and would love to assist in the making of this game.
Is there anything needed before helping?

Thanks,

Alex.

Ahoy there!

We have many an asset to be built, each type organized by a coordinator. I happen to fill that role for shipbuilding, but there are many other areas that could use an extra hand too. Might I ask what sort of experience do you have, and is there any chance you could post some pictures of your past work so we have an idea of where you're coming from?

Hi,

I would like to work on maybe the weapons, or just general assets.

I have been using blender 3D for roughly 2-3 years now, self tought, and YouTube ;).

I will have a look at my past work to post photos.

Thanks.

These are a few models that i have done.
Some may be irrelevant to this game but it gives you an idea on my experience. (NOTE: These were modelled a couple of years / months ago. )

Would love to be apart of this making!!

Attachments

• Axe.JPG
    Axe.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Baton.JPG
    Baton.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 198
  • Bridge01.JPG
    Bridge01.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Machete.JPG
    Machete.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 197
Ahoy there @Alex Matthews ,

Nice work there mate, really nice models!
I currently have nothing for you mate, perhaps @Ashinokami has something for you! ;)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard! A lot of this project is about learning, since not many of us do game programming professionally, so don't be afraid to use this as a tool to learn a new skillset or expand your current one. One of the pressing needs lately is the creation of clothing for characters in game. There are a generous amount of tutorials on it and thus far we have not been able to entice anyone to delve into the subject. I think it may be daunting at first but would be very rewarding.

Rewarding in what way? And I will look at some tutorials and give it a go.

Just as a reference, what would be the best style clothing, and is there any timeframe to reference the clothing off of?

Thanks.

What we'll need right now is clothing from around the Seven Years War.

You'll be given access to this thread shortly; it contains some good references starting in the second post.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/clothing.21507/

I'm not sure what exactly is wanted yet since I just came back after being absent for a few months, so it would be best for someone else to fill you in on that.

Rewarding in what way?
This project is 100% volunteer so the reward is dependent upon what you want out of it. Personally I use it as a way to learn about something that greatly interests me and to learn new skill sets that help me in my profession. Granted, I don't get to use texture mapping of 3d models or the arrangement of items in 3d space much with writing accounting/inventory software, but learning new methods in programming will always come in handy.

Alex, I have added you to the team as a provisional 3D artist, you should now be able to view the thread that Post Captain referenced above. Let me know if that is not the case.

As for rewards, I have been volunteering here for well over a decade mate, and I can't even begin to describe just how rewarding that has been to me personally. I have learned more here about many different subjects over that time that I could ever possibly quantify. Gaming, game design, computer hardware and software, modding, modelling, programming, history, psychology... not to mention the great people and friends I have met along the way, the list is almost endless too! Anyway, you get the idea.

Unfortunately we can not offer monetary compensation, but this project is the first of it's kind, and getting your name attached to it may be much more rewarding in other ways later on down the line. Once we get to a point in development when we really have something to show off, there will be a big media push to make sure people notice us! We would certainly be glad to have you join us!

That is more than enough rewards!, I am 100% towards volunteering and thank you for the opportunity.

Just wondering if there are any reference models/templates that i can base the clothing off of?

We are currently in discussions of exactly the most appropriate methods to accomplish clothing and related systems, so if you want to get started on something right away, weapons or game world filler assets (like furniture, trade goods etc) would be best

If you get a hold of me on Skype I can get you added to the development group where we discuss some of the technical stuff and try to help each other out in realtime. Info is on my profile page.

Back