• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Want to help with ideas for a new things in game

OldManSparrow

Sailor Apprentice
Ahoy PiratesAhoy Community :ahoy

I have some great ideas for the Pirates of the Caribbean New Horizons mod

Why I want to help : first I love this game so much and I am a PotC and Pirate fan second I want to help one of the best pirate game modderators of the world:rpirate and it should be a honner to work for you guys

I can help with a few things : 1. I am busy to make models for games and maybe I can help with the textures for the like houses, ships (my favourite thing) and off course the characters.

2. I like to make some crazy ideas for the game like a new storyline and new animations all that stuff:dance

If you want to hear my ideas please contact me on mail sparrow.nick.jack@gmail.com (or just reply this message:g2)

and if I can join the team and make some models and ideas please contact me on mail:keith

with a yohoho from Captain Nick Sparrow (thats my pirate name my real name is Nick de Kruijff)
:shipTake with you can give nothing back :treasure:

God I love this smiles:sparrow

Another dutch pirate?
Welcome aboard :aar

We could use someone to help with textures etc. I think @Jack Rackham knows most about it now. He might be able to point you into some tutorials so you can get used to modding this game.

Ahoy there, @captain-gibs!
Model and storyline work is always welcome. What ideas do you have?

Also, should we rename your forum account to "Captain Nick Sparrow"? :cheeky

Tnx Mateys for the welcome. :pirates

I think I can help with the texture but first I gonna do a trail for make sure I can do it,

one of my ideas is to make a brand new storyline about a lost brother of Jack Sparrow (I dont know a name but maybe it is the best you guys can name it). if you see the potc movies jacks mother is killed.
and his father is alive.
  • the point is we can make a story when the brother was young and his dad is gone with a rumor he was dead and his brother Jack was taken by the navy and his mother was killed by the navy just as his dad but the dad is still alive and his brother is just alive (sure Jack Sparrow is always alive Its "Captain" Jack Sparrow). the brother of Jack want revenge and become a badass for the search of his lost dad and brother (Jack) and he has big problem with the navy and some Pirates.
  • I want to make a brand new ship I cant do animations but I can make a image thats looks like good ship for him (btw the ship I want to call is the HMS Destiny), another idea in the begining he hasnt a ship he is gonna help some pirates with take it and than he makes a mutiny and take the ship by his own.
  • if he go to the prison on jamica (Port Royale) hes see a woman that exactly looks on his brother and than you make him free. srry mateys cant do go furter because I am on school and I have to go
  • if its look good please relpy:rpirate

Making a ship doesn't require animating, but DOES require modeling. That's generally quite a huge task so you might want to skip on that for now.

Texture work is quite doable and depends largely on your artistry skills.

A new storyline requires a LOT of coding work. You do have the following options to do something similar with less effort:
- Work your character into the existing Jack Sparrow storyline
- Have this guy be used in a generally available sidequest
- Add him as a Free Play selectable character with a custom start

Ahoy I'm back
I think I have a name for the brother :Nick Sparrow(lol maybe not only if its look good)
ps guys srry with woman i mean man see relpy above

when Nick Sparow was young he has a lot of trouble and he hate the Navy, and he want to be a pirate and go to the Tavern at Speightstown and sit down with a few Pirates that want to capture a ship from the navyand they are talking about and Nick Sparrow say I want to join you the Captain say sure a boy of 15 cant join Pirates like us. Nick Sparrow say send one of you to me for a fight and give me a sword. than you got a sword in youre invetory. equip it and than tyalk to the guy that stands and say come on than you lazy pirate. than there comes a fight you if you killed him the Pirates are happy on than you must follow him to the port than go on there ship and sail to the HMS Destiny and board it when you board it kill all soldiers. when you take the ship the ship is yours and a youre first mate give you a letter(why read on) letter of his brother that was sent by the prison in Port Royale in the letter are this words :

: hello dear brother I am in prison now, its realy boring around here
east of the prison is a scrurvy dog that look at me whole day! live the legend says our dad to us but I am in jail now.
PS : search for the hidden word, savvy
!not as a horizon ! Captain Jack Sparrow.
in this secret letter the player must find a word that say something about what to do
that thing is helping ( if you see al first letter from every line vertical you see the word s help!)
you need to make some crew and save sparrow and help him with the excape to the HMS Destiny
go to Port Royale and the prison to save Sparrow
han you have to reach the Black Pearl on Tortuga where Gibbs is waiting inde bar for the return of Sparrow (and a drink:razz)
but if you are close to Tortuga there are 3 Navy Ships that will fight to you and than you have to defeat them.
if you defeat the navy you go to the port and on jetty Jack talk to you about Gibbs that is waiting for him.
than you go to the tavern a sit on the table and talk about his excape after you that you send Gibbs to the Pearl and you talk
with Jack about your father. Jacks tells his brother that he was captured by the pirates in a fort. than you go with the HMS destiny to
I dont know where the pirate fort was for a second srry but he goes to the pirate if you be there there comes a few Pirates fight with you
when you defeat them you drow you sword and go to the leader and ask where Captain Teague is. the pirate lord say
that he sold that bastard to the navy and that he is going to hang over 1 month. than you can kill him or let him go
than you should go to rescue you dad by going to Dominica and capture the fort(but it is strong fort, the thing what to do is boarding some ships on around the fort, than attack it and capture it((its a bit difficult but it is possible there are 2 ship around the fort and you got the Pearl with Jack as Captain and the HMS Destiny when taken the)). when you have capture the fort there is in a place on the roof the father with some other dudes almost getting hanging up than you killed the soldiers and go to youre dad and save him and than try to excape to Tortuga to talk with him 4 Ships are after you when leaving the fort if you leave there is one big ship faster and its trying to board you got board and must kill the soldiers let go a explosion on the ship, when the soldiers are dead by the explosion you the middle mast is broken and than fight the 2 ships that survived. when you are on Tortuga you got sit down a talk to youre dad , the father says he is was kidnapped because he own that guy some money and cargo he has stolen. and he say when he was captured by the pirates he saw his own wife getting decapitate by the I take a stand and try to kill his man , he almost did it but the pirate lord have push him in jail and sold him to the navy who he owned money and cargo. know you have to go on missions from you dad to take out people that killed family and friends, you get 3 assassinate mission and than you father was kidnapped (again by the navy when he was gone),Jack was gone either. you need to know who this did, when on the ship some youre firts mate drow his sword and fight to you and he was betrayer(that why he gives you the letter so you save your dad but has hope you are gonna on you mission) and when you kill him he say one last word : Bridgetown. when you go to Bridgetown you must go to some one that is a bodyguard for the door the leads to the cave where they are. you talk to him and he tells no one can pass and than you thow a knife that do a silent kill, you go in and you search for the place where that special sword is than on of the 4 halls are Jack and his father if you free them you go to the HMS Destiny and talk to you dad and brother they told you that some calls Privateer James Ensnor did this to many people they are slave traders. than you talk to a body guard that walk to you with his sword and you where is he, he say in a cave on Bridgetown but you cant defeat him and me either. than you killed him automatically, and you say to you brother and father that they must go to their ships, and than they leave and you go to the cave by the jungle and when youre in the cave you go to the guy and say you bastard, you cant get more slaves!and he say back : sure sure. and than you must kill him and go to the pearl in captains cabin and say its over that slave dealer cant deal slaves out to Pirates for money and the navy is all dead no one is looking for you anymore dad. and you got a first mate again

This wasmy idea for a StoryLine but I have some cool animations for the game as idea.

do you like it you can always change a bit:dance

A YoHOHO from Capn Nick Sparrow

Pieter Boelen , I have more ideas and one that you all like but it is a little bit difficult to make

the thing what is realy awsome is a thing that the person you play can do with the ships wheel
In ac 4 bf (assassins creed black flag) or ravens cry you can see if you on the ship that a pesron is taling the wheel and can steer the wheel to left and right it looks great if the New Horizons mod have the same
I know it difficult to make but if its there it is amazing:beer:

and maybe there can be brand new ships in beta 4 and a bit detailed.
I have make a ship named the HMS Destiny in micecraft maybe this can be a new ship
link to the video of the HMS Destiny and Black Pearl :

and about the coding of the storyline . is it a good story because I want to know of it sounds good.

Yohoho from Captain Nick Sparrow (captain-gibbs)

Pieter Boelen , I have more ideas and one that you all like but it is a little bit difficult to make

the thing what is realy awsome is a thing that the person you play can do with the ships wheel
In ac 4 bf (assassins creed black flag) or ravens cry you can see if you on the ship that a pesron is taling the wheel and can steer the wheel to left and right it looks great if the New Horizons mod have the same
Not going to happen. You can replace the word "difficult" in your sentence with "impossible". Simply cannot be done in this game engine.
It also makes very little realistic sense. Captains don't generally physically steer the ship themselves. ;)

Also please consider that we have absolutely no shortage of brilliant ideas of our own.
What we do have a shortage of are people to comment on those ideas, test their implementation and people to add their own ideas into the game.

We're willing to point you in the right direction if you want to add cool stuff of your own into the game.
But if you want to get anything done at all, there is only one way to do it: START SIMPLE and prepare to do most of the work yourself.

If that isn't really an option for you, you can still help a lot by providing feedback on our recent modding work and help with the testing.
That would certainly help us a lot too. :yes

ok matey . I understand
tnx for you time.:dance

I gonna try making my my own ship and person as you say but not in a new storyline.
if it is finished I say : matey you forget one import thing matey, ...... I am Captain Nick Sparrow:beer:

PS if my ship and character are done do you want to test it?

and as feedback I say : 5 start to the best pirate moddes of whole the world , and they making great storylines, ships, uopdates and much more.:aar
:bird:

this will be the day you remember as the day you almost get the Capatain of the HMS Destiny , argh! :p
good luck with the mods mateys

I hardly have time to test my own work, let alone anyone else's.
But do what you can and if it's good, I could add it to the mod.

with what program you mod the characters and ships photshop, maya or what ?
I don't model characters or ships at all. :razz

For texture work, we've got a converter that converts the game's TX files to TGA.
Then you can use whatever program you want to edit those and then convert them back.

For modeling, Maya is by far your best bet. Other programs can and have been used in the past,
but the original game models were made with Maya and there are exporters available for Maya to the game's GM files.

For characters Pieter has already mentioned retexturing. There is also the TOOL by which you can
i) switch heads and
ii) add 3D models to characters
combined with retexturing you can actually do quite a lot.

Back