• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

warehouse problems

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I'm playing Bartolomeu now, and it went well until my first expedition. There is something wrong with the warehouses. There are soldiers guarding them who we kill. The first warehouse is unlocked but it is a ghost building that you can walk through and is mostly invisible from the inside. There are also invisible "somethings" in there. They start out with a health of 800 and when you get them down to zero there are explosions. The 2nd warehouse is a ghost too. It is locked, but it does not matter since you can walk through the walls. It has ghosts in it too that also explode. For that matter the windmill has a ghost in it too. Anyhoo, I'm stuck there.

In the meantime I'm playing Johan Elting. :dance

The buildings are new models that Bartolomeu put there specifically for the quest - so if the previous trigger in the quest did not work the inside of the buildings will not be generated. :yes

The insides are taken from AoP or CoaS ( i can't remember which ) but they are unique in PotC & interesting

Best suggestion - go back to a save where you landed on the beach and play through slowly - make sure everyone who should talk to you does so. ( they should talk to you automatically ( you should not have to start the conversation )

from the walkthrough:-

Sail to Playa de Maestra, Cuba, - Roxanne talks to you on beach – go into jungle – at 1st jungle screen Roxanne talks to you – at outskirts screen Spaniard talks to you – kill soldiers – Roxanne talks to you – enter both warehouses – kill soldiers – Roxanne talks to you after soldiers in 2nd warehouse killed – transported outside warehouse

:drunk

I played it through from the beach six times. Everything goes according to plan until I walk into a building. :shrug It sounds like the trigger for the warehouses isn't working. Maybe I'm just missing it. Where is it located?

I played it through from the beach six times. Everything goes according to plan until I walk into a building. :shrug It sounds like the trigger for the warehouses isn't working. Maybe I'm just missing it. Where is it located?

I think it is in front of the Warehouse doors - it has been a while since I played the story.

If you want to see the locators ( trigger points ) then go to the Internalsettings.h file in the program folder - at the bottom of the file, where you enable cheat mode is this:-

// ======================================
// Testing toggles
// ======================================
#define RANDOM_LOCS_TOGGLE 0
#define DISARM_MODE 0
#define VISIBLE_LOCATORS 0
#define FREE_CAMERA 0
#define UNLIMITEDLOOT 0 // Prevent morale from plummeting if you have 1000000 gold over the estimated salaries and are not sharing with your crew
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE 1 // Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

Change the 0 to 1 against the Visable_locators & save the file.

Now when you play the game you will see lots of coloured spheres all over the place with their labels. - these are the locators & trigger points The game does not look very pretty but it is useful to find locators and trigger points.

Are you getting any entries in the error logs that might give a clue as to what is broken or why. :?

Another bug really weird... I didn't change anything in this part of the Bartolomeu main quest lately.. :?
As Talisman said, we need the error log file to understand this problem...

There is no error log. What I do is start at the beach, go to the warehouses, fight, walk into one and roam around, then exit. This is what I get.

Could it be the textures didn't get installed?

We need someone else playing this part of the quest to confirm or not this bug. I can do that this week. However, due to my work on Potc, I didn't installed the last version of Build yet and I don't want to do that until I finish something for the game. So, not sure, I can be useful for testing the quest. Is there any volunteer for this task? :?

I put Bartholomeu on hold. I haven't played in a while. The last time I tried it, the invisible warehouse problem was still there.

Since then I have played the Assassin up till capturing the Courrone. The game died there. It's the same problem NH gets at the battle of Bridgetown.

I'm playing Jack Sparrow now. I made it through the main quest and am now doing side quests. When I'm done with that I intend to restart Bartholomeu. Maybe I should just restart Bartholomeu now. :nerbz

Well, Jack Sparrow died in a strange way, so I made a new install from the old installers and started BoP. Got to the same place and had the same problem. :facepalm

Sooo... I'm going to toss the installers and dl all of them once again, then make another install. :j1 I sure hope that works.

Alright, miklkit.

I don't have the same Buildmod version like you but I'll try over the next days if I have the problem too. The Bartolomeu main quest as the Assassin didn't have these kind of problems when I released them so I don't understand why now these problems appear. I must say these kind of bugs put me angry (and I'm not joking) when I see the time and work I spend (or I would say : I waste...) for doing the quests and after some time appear bugs without any reasons.
I just hope I'll have enough motivation over the next months to finish what I have to finish for the BuildMod... :facepalm
In short, I'm fed up of this bugged BuildMod. :wp

Yes, it can be very frustrating. :boom There didn't seem to be any problems a year ago when others played it. I saw the warehouse in the Assassin storyline and it had nothing on the inside either.

I did a new install and played it a little bit last night. I will be gone for a few days, so it will be a while before I can check this out again.

All story lines eventually crash out on me except Horatio Hornblower. It is shorter than the others.

It does sound weird, because it definitely used to work and nothing should've changed.
Personally I don't hate the Build Mod though. I just hate computers altogether! :modding

With computers and mods there will always be bugs; we just need to persevere and keep fighting them off.
In other words, giving up means a victory for the offending bugs- and remember, pirates never give up without a fight! :ixi

Still, it's clearly early days before we can truly make most bugs walk the plank.:facepalm

I have just managed to play this part of the story ( through to firing Pedro on the beach at the end of the raid ) - everything was ok. :onya

Only strange thing was in the warehouses, Emilio attacked some goods (looked like Bales of Cotton ) :ixi - this gave hit point figures then a large explosion ( luckily nobody died ) xD:

Note to self:- In future only employ crew with enough brains not to attack booby traps with swords. :rofl

Attached are some images of the warehouses & my compile and System log ( to compare with miklkit's )

:cheers

Thanks Talisman for checking the quest. You gave me some hope telling you didn't find the bug.

Don't worry about Emilio, he likes showing off. I will kick his ass in a future quest. :rofl

To Armada : I want the BuildMod's bugs walking the plank this year. :walkplank

We need a coder to fix and finish things. I can try a bit, but my coding abilities are limited and I know I am not going to manage the big stuff. :modding

Back