• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

Legendary_Spider

Why is the rum always gone?
2D Artist
Provisional
Storm Modder
[attachment=6599:moddingNGINE 2011-06-17 00-27-33-22.jpg][attachment=6598:moddingNGINE 2011-06-17 00-26-23-28.jpg][attachment=6597:moddingNGINE 2011-06-17 00-25-56-70.jpg][attachment=6596:moddingNGINE 2011-06-17 00-25-34-91.jpg][attachment=6595:moddingNGINE 2011-06-17 00-25-16-33.jpg][attachment=6594:moddingNGINE 2011-06-17 00-25-04-90.jpg]I uninstalled the game and re-installed it. Then installed Build 14 Beta 1 and Patch 6 Full. Something I'm seriously regretting doing. I wanted to try something, but it backfired on me. Now the water is all messed up. The reflections are all messed up and it looks like sailing into an oil spill.
dunno.gif

Please help me.[attachment=6593:moddingNGINE 2011-06-17 00-23-56-19.jpg]

What was the previous version you had installed? Did that also have messed up water?
I've heard reports of this before, but never managed to cause it on my own game version. :wacko:

I had Build 14 Beta 1 with Patch 5 and Patch 6 lite. Hmmmm. Maybe I should try installing Patch 5 and Patch 6 lite and see if that helps.
dunno.gif

Shouldn't make a difference. Personally I recommend Patch 6 Full installed on top of Beta 1.

You did NOT have this water before? :8q Nvidia users have been complaining about this for a year and a half, and just recently an ATI user complained also. What have you changed besides PotC?

Just as something to think about, I had a problem which looked similar to this when I reinstalled ages ago.
For me, installing ENB enhanced graphics seemed to fix it. Not sure whether it's the same scenario for you, but it's worth a try. :shrug

ENB made no difference for me, except it seemed to slightly reduce the amount of graphical anomalies. But you guys are on laptops.

Actually mine's a desktop, but either way, it seems ENB helps at least a little. :shrug

Ok I tried the ENB thing first. All it did was put an annoying glow around everything. so I removed that. Now I will try Patch 5 and Patch 6 lite.

OMG It's still there!!! I wish I hadn't re installed it now.
modding.gif

I never had this problem before. I need a link to Patch 5 so I can try my last idea.
dunno.gif

This sucks.

I don't have Patch 5 uploaded anywhere any more. You really shouldn't need it though. What happens if you install Stock + only Beta 1 Full?

Is there anyway to uninstall the patches so I don't need to keep re installing the bloody thing?
modding.gif

Maybe I should see if the stock game has this problem. If it doesn't, I'll move on to Build 14 Beta 1.

You can't uninstall the patches, because they overwrite a lot of files. Make a copy of your main game folder before installing an update and then you can return to that.

Ok I re-installed the stock game again and the water looks normal. Now I'm gonna install Build 14 Beta 1.

You should still have this issue. It is related to the lagoon mod, which was introduced with Build 14. Build 13 water is fine. I still have patch 5 in torrent form.

AAAAHHHH!
modding.gif

Now it says: runtime error abnormal program termination.
764.gif

Damn. I guess I don't get to play this game anymore.
sad.gif
which makes me sad. I wanted to get these project down and I just go ton the modder team but now it looks like I'm forced to retire. This really sucks. I suppose I could try yet another re-install, but nothing seems to make the trouble with the water go away.
334_flashing.gif

I'm sorry everyone.
ib012.gif

That doesn't make any sense. You didn't have it before, right? And if the install went right, you should not be getting runtime error abnormal program termination straight away.
What do the error logs say? http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/

Back