• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Water Issue

All righty now! I gotta try that! :shoot:

I tried it and I like it! :bow That indeed does the trick.

Here is an oddity. I pulled the zap out of a clean B13 install and it is newer than the one in a B14 P6 install! :wp

Tortuga eh! :cheers :cheers

Tortuga eh! :cheers :cheers
Aye matey, Tortuga indeed..
me.gif
Let's have us some more!
par-ty.gif

Pieter, here's the report you requested: http://home.online.nl/wanadslonno/PA!/PB/
b13-b14b1_report.rar
I also uploaded bump.zap for those who don't have B13: http://home.online.n...!/bump.zap_b13/bump.zap.rar

Arrrrrr!
urgh.gif

So you finally found the file that's been such a pain in my ass! Good work mate!
bow.gif

You finally figured this bug out, so why don't you go ahead and start a new thread telling everyone who's affected by this how to properly fix the water issue. Pieter, I think this file should be included in Patch 7. I know I'm not the only one that's been plagued by this.
keith.gif

So then, should I re-install my game yet again and just do a straight Build 14 install with this file? Or should I just keep it as is? I suppose maybe the first. That would probably get rid of my russian loading screen.
user_comment.gif

You finally figured this bug out, so why don't you go ahead and start a new thread telling everyone who's affected by this how to properly fix the water issue.
I would mate, but I don't think I can make it sticky. If a moderator promises to sticky I'll be happy to do it.

That would probably get rid of my russian loading screen.
user_comment.gif

Correct, loading screen looks pretty again.
danse1.gif

Okie Dokie. I'll be doing that then.
me.gif

Ask Armada or Pieter to sticky it for you.

I don't even know what it means to "sticky" something.
dunno.gif
haha

That's a great find, Cpt. Bruce Havoc! :bow

It turns out that Build 13 Final indeed DID contain that file as part of the installation.
However, because that file is identical to the one in my stock game, I didn't include it in the Build 14 installer.
That means that after installing Build 14, you'll be left with the stock game copy of the file.
We know there is different versions of the stock game; apparently some versions have a smaller, buggy version of the file.
So bump.zap will definitely go into the next patch I release to ensure that EVERYBODY gets the correct version.

In any case, thanks a lot for finding this one. That's another problem we couldn't figure out down the drain! :onya

As for how to install, I do recommend installing WITHOUT Build 13 and then putting the correct bump.zap in seperately.

Excellent find indeed! I knew there must have been an explanation. I guess my stock game has the right version of that file, then. :rolleyes:

That means I have to re-install the game again.
modding.gif
lol

Ugh. At least I know this will be the last time.
me.gif

Ok I've re-installed the stock game with Build 14 and Patch 6 plus this file, and I confirm it works.
me.gif

It turns out that Build 13 Final indeed DID contain that file as part of the installation.
However, because that file is identical to the one in my stock game, I didn't include it in the Build 14 installer.
That means that after installing Build 14, you'll be left with the stock game copy of the file.
We know there is different versions of the stock game; apparently some versions have a smaller, buggy version of the file.

In any case, thanks a lot for finding this one. That's another problem we couldn't figure out down the drain! :onya

You're welcome!
par-ty.gif
Some credit goes to you aswell, if you never asked us to make a comparison I wouldn't have discovered this.

Your explanation doesn't completely make sense to me.. If this is caused by the stock file being buggy, then how can my stock game installation not have this problem...
readon.gif

because the ocean color and physics have been changed quite a bit since then is my guess.

You're welcome!
par-ty.gif
Some credit goes to you aswell, if you never asked us to make a comparison I wouldn't have discovered this.

Indeed, all 3 of us figured this thing out. I discovered the connection to Build 13, Pieter Boelen suggested the comparison, and Cpt Bruce Havoc discovered which file was causing the issue. Now if we could just figure out what causes that weird grey flicker that occurs randomly at sea . . . lol
icon_mrgreen1.gif

Now that you mention it... That hasn't happened to me anymroe since I'm using the proper bump.zap.

Now if we could just figure out what causes that weird grey flicker that occurs randomly at sea . . . lol
icon_mrgreen1.gif
You haven't been paying much attention lately, have you: http://forum.pirates...repair-project/

As that thread states, and I quote:
This thread is for us to track the progress made in fixing the flag locator issues on most ships,
which we have now speculated to be the cause of the random graphical anomalies encountered at sea.
:slap

Now that you mention it... That hasn't happened to me anymroe since I'm using the proper bump.zap.
That might be pure coincidence, seeing as we now reckon it's caused by certain ships with locator issues.
After a few more encounters, particularly with ships like Luggers, you might encounter the flickering as usual.
Hopefully we're now well on the way to eradicating that bug for good, though! ;)

Your explanation doesn't completely make sense to me.. If this is caused by the stock file being buggy, then how can my stock game installation not have this problem...
Maybe because only some code in Build 14 Beta 1 triggered the bug? That's all I can think of. :facepalm

That's fair enough. The thread title doesn't sound all that interesting, does it? I wouldn't make a great journalist. :razz

To be honest, I don't know how I manage with all my notifications, either.
Earlier this evening, after not checking the site for nearly 24 hours, I had 61 notifications. That's above normal, but I've seen worse. :facepalm
I don't read every single one, but I do check the list of threads I'm subscribed to which have new replies, to make sure I don't miss anything.
Sometimes it takes ages to look through everything, but after all, I was pretty much asking for it when I agreed to become a Moderator. xD:

I read everything on the PotC forums, most of the stuff on the Modeling forum and the occasional CoAS thread.

:cool:

good work on this. I'm not sure if i have this issue or not, i don't think i've seen 'oil slick' type graphics, but i do get quite odd shifts between weather changes sometimes(from 'low tech' bright blue caribbean sea's to more 'modern tech' real looking sea(less blue)). I think i'll get this file anyway, just in case as i don't have build 13 on my pc.

Back