• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

We need another female storyline

Maybe you could make a storyline based on your namesake. Also, maybe we should make the devlin storyline more like aop and have a quest where you must capture a town from each nationality.
I know I was working on a Catalina skin based on my namesake, Catalina de Erauso ("The Lieutenant Nun", who is a Spanish and Basque real-life folk hero), and it would make an interesting storyline, however I'd have to fictionalize a lot of it to make the story substantial enough for a full game storyline.

Here is a pic of a painting of her:
catalina.jpg

And a romanticized more modern version:
catalina-de-erauso1.jpg

Back when I was more involved here we couldn't add new models, so we had to do with what we had - so I tried this:
catdE-1.jpg

AND I have no idea what's happened since I have been away as I have not really been able to mess around in the Build much. But there ya go. I am guessing we have a lot more ability now to put a new model into the game. Catalina has a very interesting real life story - pretty wild, in fact (not sure you would term her an actual pirate as she was more of a Spanish Army soldier and eventual trader), but I'm not so sure it would lend itself well to the game unless you were to encounter her as a potential officer - take her on as part of a quest something like what I did with the Fred Bob quest. :shrug

I was actually in contact with a direct relation of hers, a great great ---- grand niece, IIRC... We never really got our conversation off the ground as I have very little Spanish and she the same with English... :urgh

Here's a picture from the Devlin storyline:
turks_townhall.jpg

The lady in armor in the left corner of the screen is Catalina the Pirate.
She uses a new Catalina skin made by Daede many years ago, based on the Danielle model.
Bartolomeu o Portugues used that skin for Roxanne Laliere in his storyline as well.

Just for fun, here's another picture of the Modders at Turks (old picture, now uses some more custom skins):
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1944
It's got (from left to right): Sir Christopher Mings, Nathan Kell, Merciless Mark, Petros, me and Thomas the Terror.

And here's another bunch at Nevis (former Quebradas Costillas):
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1949
It's got (from left to right): Bartholomew Roberts, Skull, High Sea Lass, Commodore John Paul Jones and Sir Christopher Mings (he follows you around)

Mings is shuch a stalker.

I think we should make the beatrice storyline like the AOP though. We should still keep Bonnie though. Here is how I think it should go. First off, we should change the starting port from Port Royale to Bridgetowne and the starting year from 1540 to 1640 (because pirates were active mostly at this point in history. I know that the reason your made 1540 the year is because you have no early explorers storyline, but with my El Patron storyline, you won't need this to be the year for this story). I also think we should change Devlin to Sharpe like in the game

Approached by traveller and given parchment with letter in father's handwriting telling about your half sibling and your twin

Go to Uncle Emanuel Sharpe's house and he tells you of your sister and you go outside and meet her.

Return to Emanuel and tell him you are going away for a while to find Pieter Bolean (no not you Pieter)

Sail on your Barqe, Quicksilver, to Turk Island and visit Pieter at his house after being given it's location by the wench in the tavern behind the counter

Pieter tells you to pick someone to help you on your mission to find Beatrice (if you choose Petros, you remember him to be the person who raised Blaze as a child and if you are Beatrice, Catalina raised you

They become your officer and you meet them on your ship

Go to Nevis to try and find Beatrice talk to wench in tavern that says that she just left for Charlestowne

Talk to the tavern keeper in Charlestowne and he gives you a map with a riddle on it, so you must search the islands to see which island it is

It turns out that you must go to Leviathen Rock on Grenada where you meet Beatrice/Blaze whom you duel before she/he joins your crew and are given a treasure of 100,000 gold

Go to Isla Mona to find your late father's friend, Charles Ducay so he could tell you of the great "Empire" of your father

Your father once had a huge Empire with one of each nation's towns under his control

You go to the Captain's house and challenge him to a duel

You win and become Lord of Mona and inherit the late captain's War Frigate, Legacy, and all nations except pirate turn against you

Call meeting of the Lords

Mona, Nevis Pirate Haven, and Turks become islands under your control

Go to Dowessen and convince the leader of the pirate's den to join your alliance for 30,000 gold

Go to Hispaniola and convince the leader of the Buccaneer's Camp to sign over the base for 15,000 gold

Go to the smuggler camp on Grenada and convince them to sign over the camp for 45,000 gold

Aqcuire 4th rate ship of the line by raiding the Spanish Treasure fleet off the coast of Puorto Rico and are given an additional 100,000 gold coins

Launch attack on Isla Tortue (French) and turn it into a Pirate Colony

Launch an attack on Sao Jorge (Portuguese) and turn it into a pirate colony

Go to Cayman island and capture a 1st rate Man of War

Launch an attack on Puorto Rico and turn it into a pirate colony

Launch an attack on Bonaire and turn it into a pirate colony

Launch an attack on Eluethera and turn it into a pirate colony

Repell the force of frigates from mixed nations, Portugal, Spain, England, France, Holland who are all attacking Mona

visit governor of Havana so he can reconize you as an official Empire

Return to Mona to live out your years and contnue the life of a pirate

:woot Those pix are great! And the storyline sounds like a lot of fun. I sure have a lot of catching up to do. :mm :nk

I wonder where Mings is these days... He and I and Mad Jack made the Pirate Cemetery with the limerick headstones. :cheeky

The idea with the Devlin storyline we've got was that you can choose which PA! member you want to help you find the treasure and based on the choice, you'll have a different game until you find the treasure. That is as far as the original idea went.

Back