• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wee spot of trouble with these damnable controls

Excalibur Bane

Landlubber
Well, I just picked this one up after playing POTC for awhile, and gee whiz, this game doesn't like me. Now, I'm an arrow key player, so reconfiguring the controls is a must. I tried changing them in game so I could move my character around and sail my ship with up, down, left, right but it would just say they were in use, when I tried that.

So, I did a little poking around and found the control key file, but again changing some of the variables to the desired value yielded no results.

So, would someone be so kind as to tell me how I might change the a, s, d, w config to use the arrow keys instead, I would be very appreciative. To be clear, I'm trying to get them changed so I can fight, walk around, navigate the menus, steer the ship and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Is there no ingame menu for that?
If not, after editing the default controls in the code, you probably have to delete the file named "options" from your main game folder for the changes to take effect.

I never figured out how to change controls either. It would be nice if they could be changed.

Just loaded a game (build 14 3.4) and in options changed all types (primary land,world map etc ) to arrow keys via options menu on the load screen only in sailing do you not get forward and back (you can move up and down the deck) because raising and lowering the sails does not equate to forward and back. [These are the separate arrow keys not ones on the numeric keypad, it could depend on your keyboard configuration].

This thread is about Age of Pirates 2 where apparently it isn't as easy as it is in PotC for some mysterious reason. :facepalm

Back