• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion 'Weird' Ships?

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
1) Super-Frigate
  • Ok, so, here's whats happened: I finally decided to buy a warship and consulting my tool *wink*, I've come to realize that the "SuperFrigate" would be really awesome, but is unfortunately not buy-able. So I was "searching" (meaning reloading until the ship was for sale) for a Kreyser Class Frigate.
  • Guess what I found at the trader? Next to the 'Spiegelretourship' was a friggin Super Frigate! But I pressed the wrong button and canceled the buying and when entering the shop window again, the ship was gone.
  • So I edited the shipinit.c and set 'canbuy' to true (and to give the NPCs the same chances set 'canencounter' to true^^).
  • Then I searched for this ship again (this time at an English shipyard 'cause I wanted the english variant) and actually found it pretty quickly and bought it and was happy ever since! :D
  • Now after having acquired enough money again and seeing how I get shot up when going against a little French raiding party, I wanted to buy another such frigate
  • I found it after some reloading but was quite dumbfounded when I realized, that this ship is supposed to have 18 pounders as a maximum!
-> my ship has 24 pounders, although when checking the shipinit that's not really possible!?
SuperFrigate_24.jpg
-> mystery solved: mine must be an "Endymion class Frigate"; don't know how I got it in the pirate epoch though, as I only played with the "superfrigate" settings...
2) Black Pearl
  • look here! I've found this cursed ship south of Martinique!
  • I cannot shoot it
  • I cannot board it
  • it's friendly
-> wth is going on? :ship

Well, that some curiosities from me :)

mine must be an "Endymion class Frigate"; don't know how I got it in the pirate epoch though, as I only played with the "superfrigate" settings...
There is only one ship ID with the "Heavy Patrol Frigate" type name and that is indeed the "SuperFrigate".
There are two ways of getting her in the game without cheating:
1. In the Revolutions and Napoleonic time period, you can capture her during the Martinique-unique "Pirate Hunting" sidequest
2. Outside those periods, you can only buy her at "an island that cannot be found, unless you already know where it is"

Alternatively, console can instantly give you any ship you want. No need tweaking any code files for that. ;)

wth is going on?
There is a perfectly valid explanation for that one. But I'm not telling ya! :razz

You're right; I've got the Endymion Frigate at the shipyard but it has 56 cannons; mine only has 54.
But it cannot be a "Heavy Pinnace-of-War" either, 'cause mine is way faster w/ higher turn rate...

So it must be one of those ships you mention, although I don't know where this would be...
Hendrick Vanderdecken
seller of one-of-a-kind ships, now has a new and improved deal. He does not care about the minimum calibre of cannons to be installed on your ship and he's got some massive guns available indeed!

1) Super-Frigate
  • I found it after some reloading but was quite dumbfounded when I realized, that this ship is supposed to have 18 pounders as a maximum!
-> my ship has 24 pounders, although when checking the shipinit that's not really possible!?​
See the little grid of icons which shows which upgrades the ship has? One of them is "Reinforced Hull". This increases the maximum calibre by 1. So a ship which is normally only allowed 18 pounders and which has "Reinforced Hull" is allowed 24 pounders.

Yeah, that's it! I realized it now that I upgraded my new ship...

Thanks for clearing that up!!

So it must be one of those ships you mention, although I don't know where this would be...
From the FAQ:
To get a unique ship, find Hendrick Vanderdecken in a well known place by getting a well known object from a well known character in another well known place (the ships are highly expensive, though).

Oh, I see... quest related is it?
And I just had to stumble upon it :D
You saw her around Martinique, right? You can search around the area for some answers.

Back