• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Welcome

K

Keith

OK guys time to get this new ball rolling................with a Q&A!!!!

Yup Alexander has agreed to do a Q&A with us for their new game even before its officially announced :p: Now who says they dont love us :cheers

Although details are pretty sketchy im sure we can muster up enough to get one going.

Ill jot mine down soon, but im going to get all the info i can and dump it here....so it looks like a busy forum :p:

Will this be set in the actual Caribbean?

How many islands?

The ship in the screenshot looked better, with a more historical hull and paint scheme. Is that going to be a trend with the ships in the new game? (this from someone who liked the smaller galleons in SeaDogs but thinks the galleon in POTC, and nearly all the figureheads in POTC, are hideous).

Will there be a time period as the focus, or how narrowly defined will the time setting be?

Is the camera angle going to change from the `behind-the`-character view of POTC.

This is described as LOTR meets POTC, what does that mean? What's different from POTC?

Can one customize his character more than SD and POTC, in appearance, nationality, etc?

Does Akella realize that there are many that still play POTC, and those of us who are working with modding it absolutley LOVE it? :p: :cheers

1) Are there officers available to help the main character, similar to POTC (swordfighting, lending their skills to the operation of the ship, captaining other ships etc)?

2) Is the game strongly plot driven, or is the player free to go off and do their own thing?

3) Can you still control multiple ships in a battle (it seems to be the trend to go for 1 ship vs many these days...)

4) Will there be a similar skill set as POTC (melee, sailing, commerce etc)

5) Will the weather effects be more dynamic (eg while walking through a town/jungle/etc could it slowly become overcast and then begin to rain, rather than seemingly random weather changes when going between loading screens)?

6) Will sailing ships be able to go from one island to the next in battle view and not just map view?

is there going to be a trading system, if so how advanced will it be? more towards potc or say..port royal?

The number 1 pirate rule was always "No Prey, No Pay". Will Akella get it right this time and stop having your crew draw a monthly salary? Introduce No Prey No Pay to the game please! :cheers

1) Will there be an immersive sound environment (i.e. 5.1 surround)? Being able to hear the sound of someone's boots on the pier as they approach from behind would be helpful.

2) How customizeable will the ships be? Being able to choose a distinct flag design, stern embellishment, bow decoration, etc. would be appreciated.

One of the coolest things about Sea Dogs was stalking the Spanish Treasure Fleet, it was sadly missing from POTC. Will the Treasure Fleet be making a comeback in Akella's new game?

- Will there be more swordplay/boarding locations ?

- Will ya need to supply yar crew with food and Rum ?

- Maybe Multiplayer ?

- Can ya join the different Factions Navys with Uniforms and Ranks ?

- Locations outside of the Caribbean, maybe Europe ? (I know, I know not too possible but ask anyway)

- What ship classes and or ships are planned ?

- Will there be more weapons, swords, muskets, rifles maybe ?

- Can ya buy Houses, Land or even rule Islands ?

¿How much realistic will be the sailing simulation part of the game?¿There will be some sort of navigation?¿Will be realistic the gunnery modelling? :cheers

will we be able to make our own sword design, and be able to level it up? i think that would be nice.

can we explore our ENTIRE ship? while exploring can we talk to crewmembers and ask them waht they think of me as captain, how much food is left, etc?

sorry mates...the above post was mine...forgot to sign in...but those are my questions...

will we be able to make our own sword design, and be able to level it up? i think that would be nice.  

can we explore our ENTIRE ship? while exploring can we talk to crewmembers and ask them waht they think of me as captain, how much food is left, etc?

"Location: Atop Anamarias Mast (her boat, not her hehe)"

Just read that for the first time; if she has a mast, you might have made a mistake somewhere along the line... :?

In this new game , :? can you enter the military not the navy, i mean can you enter as a soldier in one of the islands :? cause i think it is so great and when you are aboard on a ship you see your self not only your crew but also you. :b: :cry

:? Wow, Keith, and you thought no one would have any questions?!! :cry

What about female characters? Can one play as a female pirate?

How many ships can you have in your fleet at one time?

Can you lay up ships?

Can you stockpile booty?

Can booty get more valuable (such as an emerald or a ring or a brooch) as time goes by?

(all I can think of for the moment!)

Will this be released in English.

I have heard many places that it will probably not.

Yeah it will be released in English, in my emails with Alexander he refers to the version in english

The russian one will be out berofre though i think

OK interview away :b: So with any luck Alexander will get back to us soon.

Just one thing though guys as there may be a publisher issue here dont expect alot. But expect alot more than what we are getting from some other games :cry :?

Back