• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Went on a Journey back in time to vanila POTC

Red Back Dude

HoO Team Member
Promotion
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
I figured out long ago how to work around the one install at a time the game disc will want to let me have so i have the old build mods and vannila game still on my computer each with their own files and so on and today i decided to fart around in the base game for a bit. It was an interesting Journey to be sure after editing the resolution and fixing the damnable controls i embarked from oxbay and took a brief tour of the old map and a thought occurred to me, well a couple of thoughts actualy the first being holy heck i forgot just how much work went into new horizons and the second being that i rely want too have a mess with the time periods i was fond of the Armour the dutch Portuguese and Spaniards were wearing but only early explorers period has them (well the edited ones) i have a feeling from looking through the periods settings and other files that if i attempted anything to bring those models forward it would probably break the game sompthing horrific and incite all manner of watermelons , tomatoes and eggs to be thrown at me by the people who worked so obviously hard to get the periods working so i guess rely that leaves me here i could be looking at this completely the wrong way i dont know so i guess being that i might never know otherwise its just best to walk myself out on the plank here and ask -

is it possible to tweak what time period the storyline are set in or simply make the early explorers guards / soldiers present in the later time periods ?

bit1.jpg

Change the starting year in the storyline folder.

Alternatively, program\models\initmodels.c is the file to change soldier uniform appearance.

Back