• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What all do I need for the Gentlemen of Fortune 2.5 HI mod?

Mason Nelson

Landlubber
I've played PotC plenty over the years, and just got AoP 2: COAS. I really want to play an ultra historical mod for this, and I think this is the one. I have GOF 2.1.4, do I just install the aop2_coas_gof2-5_hi.exe on top of that?

GOF2.5 is based on GOF2 with a lot of additional changes. I don't know of anyone who has done it the way you want to. How much hard drive space do you have? I have room for both GOF2 and GOF2.5 so installed each on a clean COAS install.

I don't need to do it that way, I just want to know how to install it properly. Does it install onto vanilla or GOF 2.0?

Hello Mason Nelson. I thought you should know there are other mods too. I myself was part of a Spanish mod clan until recently. We did a very good mod for Caribbean Tales all in Spanish and transferred our work over to Secrets of the Far Seas after. We all began playing GOF when it came out and some of us were on the GOF team. When that broke up we became a clan (which i wont name) on Voyage Century Online. We have recently broken up and gone different directions for many reasons.

I was playing the German mod until last year. However my membership was deleted. I believe they only let Germans play now but you could try if you want. www.dezeeroovers.net

The French also have their own version although if you can't speak French it could be a problem. I am multi-lingual so I enjoy these mods. Its called the COAS Ackmod and its the most stable version of COAS I know of. http://www.moddb.com/mods/ackmod
No new content for a while though.

Last there is the Eras mod. It isn't as stable as the Ackmod or the German MOTCS mod but it is as good as the base game. It is the most historical of all coas mods. As a Spaniard I enjoy having my towns and fleets with all Spaniard ships which I can't get with any other mod. There are also many more ships and RPC choices.

There are Russian mods also at Corsairs Harbor http://corsairs-harbour.ru/ but I do not speak Russian and haven't tried them. We did take many of their smaller mods for Spanish mod but that work has now stopped.

I certainly hope that interest in Age of Pirates II continues because I think it is a fantastic game and I get very much enjoyment from my playing.

I don't need to do it that way, I just want to know how to install it properly. Does it install onto vanilla or GOF 2.0?

It would be best to install it onto vanilla COAS.

The German mod team is the best I know of, but did not know about most of those others. I wish I knew German.

The German Mod MotCS was adjusted.
We have re-started and doing something new.

The orginale game has been further developed.
We track the historic line. Weapons, ships as accurately how it goes.
The game already has a newer source code.
It runs under Win7 to 8.1, DirectX 11, NetFrameWorks4 to 4.5.

@Galleon Love
Yes, there are many members have been deleted.
All have been inactive for over a year. This can be read in the forum rules.
A new registration is always possible.

So I got HI to work, though it wasn't quite what I expected. Is there a mod that creates the ultimate history simulation based on the time period of your character (Starting in the late 1600's as Jack Aubrey really put me off)? I know the Build mod does this very well.

Galleon Love, the ERAs mod sounds awesome, could you provide a link?

Last edited:
The Build Mod is your best bet. The eras mod requires a Cray supercomputer to run well.

Hello Mason Nelson. That is a good system. My system is not as good as yours and I run the mod average 64FPS. In large battles it does slow down down to 30-40FPS and occasional split second spikes lower or higher. It is not noticeable however and flows good. I did not put a link because of unresolved what I observe as some animosity. Simply Google eras mod or buccaneers reef and you will find the mod.

Hello Jan Martin. You are correct. I was not playing your mod for a year or maybe more. I was very interested in the model one of your members was making of Swedish WASA. When I went recently to see progress I could not get in and you site reported to me no account exists under my name. So I will try again to register. Has WASA been finished? It appeared nearly complete when I last observed.

Oh my, okay I see now, I thought he was referring to something he saw in this thread. That all is rather unfortunate, though I'm sure it was for the best.

Back