• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What are the characteristic for the cursed ships?

Fluen

Freebooter
After a long time I finally decided to buy myself a cursed ship. And to my great surprise I got myself some extra properties to top it off.

In my version of the game (build 12.1 - I think) the cursed galleon is able to sail in all directions with little or no influence from the wind. That's rather handy. I apparently chose Davy Jones' ship, so the Kraken was added to the deal as well as an ability to dive and re-emerge.

A failed attempt to buy a cursed fast galleon (I teleported directly from Isla De Muerte to a battle with Port Royal fort) showed, that that particular ship had an ability named "roll out sweeps".

Are the cursed ships still available in the most recent build? If yes, will someone please tell me, what properties the various cursed ships have in that version and what the special abilities do.

My initial questions are:
What does that "roll out sweeps" ability for the cursed fast galleon actually do?
What is the advantage of the ability to dive and re-emerge, that the cursed galleon has?
Are there some conditions to Kraken's attacks and the duration of them - I used it against a jackass bark, and it brought the ship down to about 30% hull - later I used it against the Black Pearl, and it kept attacking, from the Pearl had 80% hull left, and until it sunk (ok, my ships helped a bit).

build 12.1 - I think
Build 14 Beta 2.1 if I recall, right? Build 12.1 is not possible. ;)

What does that "roll out sweeps" ability for the cursed fast galleon actually do?
It is a short wind-independent speed burst.

What is the advantage of the ability to dive and re-emerge, that the cursed galleon has?
When you are submerged, enemies cannot hit you in battle. On the other hand, you also cannot hit them.
Depending on your modpack version (maybe not in yours), this works on the WorldMap as well so that no ships will chase you as long as you are submerged.

Maybe not a huge advantage, but the ship can do it in the PotC films and can do it in the game now too. :cheeky
(In fact, I personally added it AND I personally thought it was stupid in the films. So it mainly serves to illustrate how nearly useless it is! :rofl )
But still... It looks cool, can be fun and does have at least some slight use.

Are there some conditions to Kraken's attacks and the duration of them
A single Kraken Attack should never be enough to outright sink a ship; so while it is definitely a help, it is not an instant kill.
And, at least in recent modpack versions, you can only call upon the Kraken once every few minutes.
On the other hand, also in recent modpack versions, you only need to have the Flying Dutchman in your fleet to use it; you don't need to be in command of her yourself.

The latest modpack versions have some extra special features, such as:
- The Queen Anne's Revenge with "Greek Fire" bow chasers that instantly cause a fire whenever they hit a ship
- The "Trident of Neptune" that allows you to start/stop any storm in progress (this may sound very similar to the PotC 5 film, but it was my brother who came up with that idea first!!!)
- The "Sword of Poseidon", which is similar to the "Sweeps" but uses an on/off toggle instead of being a temporary burst of speed

Back