• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority What happens when capturing a town

There are several threads on the Brainstorming and Build 15 fora about it, yes.

All good ideas and I'd like to see them happen in the game.
Need someone to actually do it though. That is often the main challenge.

A lot of it has been done before, in "Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales". You could take towns for yourself, then other nations would randomly attack them. The end result was that the game turned into "whack-a-mole" as you tried to find time to do what you wanted to do next before rushing back to defend one of your colonies under attack. It was not fun and after trying it, the next time I played the game I took the option to quit the storyline and continue as a freelance privateer.

And then I installed PoTC Build 14, which blew AoP:CT out of the water, and haven't looked back since. :D

When playing as a pirate, I have been ransacking several towns, at several nations, a lot.
But no store have anything but ammunition and a few weapons. No merchant cargo any
more at all,when you are ransacking towns.
Also you can't take any ships, at shipyards, no more.
I remember old days with lot of gold and silver and three new ships.

Isn't there a Brainstorming thread to discuss what we should want to happen upon Town Capture somewhere?
I don't think much of any feedback was ever given nor were any decisions made.

Moved everything here to keep it together in 1 topic if we decide to work on this

Back