• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll WHAT TYPE OF SEA DOG ARE YOU?

WHAT TYPE OF SEA DOG ARE YOU?

• Scalywag (I sail the caribbean looking for gold, slepping around, and pilage)

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Pirate King/queen (I seek gold and glory fighting my way into legends)

Votes: 39 30.0%
  • English Sea Dog (I serve her majesty and England killing pirate scum and frenchmen alike)

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • French Admiral (I fight for France and honour placing any englishmen who stands against either one a

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Errol Flynn Brand (I roam the seas charming ladies and getting the bad guys)

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Conquistador ( I glorify Spain and his Catholic majesty through charm and siege)

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Italian Swashbuckler (I explore not for glory or fame but for scholars. While still fighting my way

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • NEW!! Irish Sea dog (I sail the seas as best I can soaked in whisky with a beer in my hand)

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • NEW!!Pourtugeese Swordsman (The onlything better then a purtugeese sword is a pourtugeese SwordsMAN.

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters

Diomed

Landlubber
Ok mates what type of sea dog are you? This is a broadened version of the poll on the main site.Choose your Brand of Sea Dog and tell why! ;):

Oooh, hard choice. Errol Flynn, or Italian Swashbuckler?
Consider me 1/2 each; but I voted the latter.

Also: "slepping around" -- do you mean schlepping around, or sleeping around (
naughty.gif
)? Or something else?

This last time I've been playing sort of like an English Privateer, but I'm toying with the idea of starting a new game as a Spaniard. I voted for a Sea Dog though.

C'mon, where are my Pirate Kings!?

Here's what I do.

I "serve" a country. Say, right now I'm serving France because England became a bunch of `bed-wetting` doody heads. Well, France is at war with England so by blasting away English ships (or raiding towns) you get NIIIIICE props from France in return. Three fights landed me as a Baron. Wow cool is that!?

Of course, in the meantime I'm running smuggling ops off of France's waters ...
As soon as I get what I want from them, I'll turn sides and kick the crap out of France and continue running my smuggling ops long enough to gain what I want and then the hell with all of the nations!!!!!!

Quebradas Costillas, here I come! ;)

ok mates to spice things up I am posting a pic for each choice to help you decide.

English Sea dog:
Officer.JPG

French Admiral:

p332.jpg

Scaly wag:
pirate.gif

Pirate King:
pirate.gif

conquistador:
musketeer.gif

Errol Flynn Brand:
Pulp3mousq.jpg

Italian Swashbuckler:

url]

yes, I think this game needs more skins/models for characters, and I know how to do both, but POTC is rather a `bi-tch` to do so for

Irish sea dog falls under english sea dog, though I respect the difference and shall add a nother option

Ok mates to spice things up even more, here are the weapons that the different choices might use.

ENGLISH SEA DOG: Hussar Sabre: used by English officers in the 17th century, swift and sharp

superior01.jpg

Scalywag: Cutlass a ordinary cutlass sharp and heavy but strong enough to cut through anything
cutlass.jpg

Pirate King: clam shell sabre swifter then a regular sabre and more expensive
sabre.gif

French Admiral: French Rapier a swift thrusting weapon a nearly perfect rapier used from `1540-1800`.
170detail.jpg

Errol Flynn brand: Cup hilt Rapier the large quard allows much protection but slows the sword down best for thrusting.
MZR2%20Cup%20Hilt%20Rapier.jpg

Conquistador: Tizona: beutiful swords first made in toledo good for slashing
`SW-090_b`.jpg

Italian Swashbuckler: Swept hilt rapier beutiful weapons first made in Italy and have been the sword preferd by Italians for centuries. The Italian millitary still sues them today. Good for thrusting
belt.jpg

Back