• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll WHAT TYPE OF SEA DOG ARE YOU?

WHAT TYPE OF SEA DOG ARE YOU?

• Scalywag (I sail the caribbean looking for gold, slepping around, and pilage)

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Pirate King/queen (I seek gold and glory fighting my way into legends)

Votes: 39 30.0%
  • English Sea Dog (I serve her majesty and England killing pirate scum and frenchmen alike)

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • French Admiral (I fight for France and honour placing any englishmen who stands against either one a

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Errol Flynn Brand (I roam the seas charming ladies and getting the bad guys)

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Conquistador ( I glorify Spain and his Catholic majesty through charm and siege)

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Italian Swashbuckler (I explore not for glory or fame but for scholars. While still fighting my way

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • NEW!! Irish Sea dog (I sail the seas as best I can soaked in whisky with a beer in my hand)

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • NEW!!Pourtugeese Swordsman (The onlything better then a purtugeese sword is a pourtugeese SwordsMAN.

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
yup did a handy dandy refdesk thesaurus search. Btw,
about refdesk, not to sound like an advertisement, but it is the best homepage available, its free and has everything you need right there here is a link:

www.refdesk.com

They're /related/, true; and would be under the Related Words section in any Thesaurus; but they're /certainly/ not synonyms...

Im sure diomed will change it soon upon hearing that :)

Welcome aboard :cheers:

how come so many people choose english, i didn't england is a bad country, but in the game, silherd is not a good man.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Loove_you`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Loove_you)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->how come so many people choose english, i didn't england is a bad country, but in the game, silherd is not a good man.[/quote]

Because England had the best ships,the best booze and the best women :cheers

Uh sorry actualy France had the best ships and ship technologies, that's why napolean was so successful, and Woman? I am sorry but that goes to Italy no question.

Diomed you used the word sorry twice in your statement,people only use that word if they made a mistake,so its ok that your wrong ^_^

<!--`QuoteBegin-Diomed`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Diomed)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Uh sorry actualy France had the best ships and ship technologies, that's why napolean was so successful, and Woman? I am sorry but that goes to Italy no question.[/quote]

Sorry Diomed but when I think of Italian women, I think of a 80 year old short, fat Italian women wearing a black dress yelling about something in a language(Italian) I could never understand, making some pasta. ^_^

I sad sorry so as not to say straight out "no" it is more polite. And as to Kev044,
That means you have an Oedipus complex, when you think of beutiful woman you think of a grandma. But seriously, if you ever met an Itailan woman in her prime then you would think twice before saying that. they are renound as the best lovers in the world, apart of French women that is. And Skull that remark was not require, England had the best captains not the best ships, If you read any historical accounts of Brittish naval officers they tell of new devices and architecture in the ships of the French which they were confounded by.

Thanks for the welcome, Keith!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Keith`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Keith)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Welcome aboard[/quote]

Thanks, Keith! Have a pint, on me! ^_^:

I just finished my first pass through POTC (without mods) - and am now investigating the mods. Since I'm into graphics design I figured I might like to fiddle with some skins...

I'd been interested in Sea Dogs for quite some time, but my system wasn't up to running it. When I recently made some upgrades to a beefier motherboard and chipset, a better graphics card, and more RAM, well, I went in search of Sea Dogs II, only to find that POTC had replaced it. So I bought it... Fun game, tho frustrating to deal with that learning curve... :(

It looks like the mods will make this game SO MUCH MORE interesting and challenging... Cool... Looking forward to digging in and setting sail again.

Diomed I was just teasing ya mate,no offence intended,might make a good thread
though who built the best ships and had the best captains.As far as the best women well thats a matter of personal taste ^_^

<!--`QuoteBegin-Diomed`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Diomed)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good to have you here![/quote]

Thanks, Diomed! Love your Einstein quote! ^_^

Back