• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Which engine.ini

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I just gave my old PC a heart transplant and ran into a little problem with the UEFI bios. It is not compatible with my old hard drives until I format them. What this means is that I need to copy all of the files and folders off of them before they can be formatted, and until then they are unuseable. This must be done on another computer. :facepalm The puter is using a nice new HD for now and I am slowly installing some basic things from backups.
I just installed POTC on the new HD using an American install, then patched it up to beta 2.3. But how can I tell if it has the European engine.ini? Just wait and see if it CTDs like the USA version always does? :shrug

PS: 46 minutes later. It's still the crap USA version and has already CTDed once. :rumgone

Ah yes, UEFI BIOS's are user friendly! :onya

Just wait till Microsoft starts telling you what operating system is authorized for your motherboard or other hardware components, or forcing you to only run certain Microsoft authorized programs. On the bright side, they will be storing all your programs and personal information on their cloud servers so you will not have to worry about loosing all that vital personal information, I am sure they will be willing to sell it all back to you for a reasonable fee, isn't that nice of them??

I have the US version, so I can't be of much help there, sorry mate.

This post from Baste shows what the European file looks like: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/information-about-the-game.19509/#post-434401
The version supplied with Beta 2.3 also has a couple of comments such as an example screen resolution.
I checked the Beta 2.3 files, and they definitely contain the new engine.ini, and my install has it as well, so I can't see why it wouldn't replace the US version for you. :confused:

The install I made yesterday is a complete mess. The capsize mod for storms does not work and there are so many odd things going on I will probably have to dump this install and start over. Many many things are wrong and it does not have the European interface. It is like beta 2.3 did not install at all.

I wish I had known about UEFI before I did the heart transplant because I could have easily copied all of my important stuff onto the 1.5 TB external drive before doing this. Now I have to go to another puter and plug 2 HDs into it and copy the files over, format the old ones, and then copy the files back into them. :8q

On the bright side, the increase in performance is remarkable! One example is that before when I would take a video in Fraps the FPS would drop to 24 at best. Now it stays locked at 60FPS, and that is with increased quality video card settings. :beer:

Back