• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

which program

pugwash21

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Hello all i have read through the threads but cant find out which program I need to paint my own textures on the people in the game sailors etc all I want to do is change a few colors around .also want to change the faces add beards change hair color,
the game I am using is CoAS

thanks

I think what you need there is the tx-converter tool to change the tga.tx files to plain tga files that you can then edit with gimp.

These are the two programs I use for color scheme editing. however if you tend to make completely seperate variants you may also need the hex editor. these programs can all be found in the modding tools download section.

Gimp you can find and download for free just by looking it up on google.

hopefully this helps you there.

1) You'll need the TX-converter to change from/to TX to TGA.

2) And after that for example Photoshop for the changes.

3) Also a HEX Editor to change what texture files to go with a .gm model.

ev 4) The GM-viewer shows which textures you need to change. :)

1) You'll need the TX-converter to change from/to TX to TGA.

2) And after that for example Photoshop for the changes.

3) Also a HEX Editor to change what texture files to go with a .gm model.

ev 4) The GM-viewer shows which textures you need to change. :)

Thank you for your reply,Just confused about the Hex editor part,dont I just convert the files so they can be edited in PSP/photoshop
then convert it back again to TX,and keep the file names the same for the part I am replacing,I am not making new characters,I just
want to change the ones in the game and then put them back again keeping the same file names,After I get the hang of it I will start
making new characters for mods,I used to do this a lot with deus ex but that was years ago.

thanks

The HEX-editor is only used if you want to make a model use a different texture (it's name must be the same length as the original).
This can be useful if you want to make new textures, and not replace old ones, so in your case you don't need it just yet. ;)

Back