• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Why can't I buy certain ships?

From "InternalSettings.h":
Code:
#define RANK_FOR_FIFTH_RATE 2 // Lowest rank: Junior Lieutenant (England)
From "Shipyard.c":
Code:
if(RANK_FOR_FIFTH_RATE > 0 && GetRank(GetMainCharacter(), GetCurrentLocationNation()) <= RANK_FOR_FIFTH_RATE)
{GameInterface.scrollitems.(attributeName).navyship = true;}
Then I reckon "<" makes more sense than "<=", doesn't it?
If the check returns true, then the ship is not available. And if your rank is lower than the requirement, it should not be available.
So I think your suggestion sounds good. :onya

Or just sell and try to re-buy my own ship. It's a lot quicker than having to sail from Speightstown to Port Royale, especially if the game tries to force a storm on me along the way, and also quicker than repeatedly reloading a savegame. ;)
I myself am used to either start a new game in the port where I want to go OR to use console for "instant teleport" (can in theory also be done using Cheatmode(?) F4, but I never actually used that).
But whatever works for you is fine by me. :doff

I started off as a British privateer in Napoleonic times, using Cheatmode to give myself a 6th rate frigate and rank Acting Lieutenant. After I'd sold the frigate at Speightstown shipyard, I couldn't buy it back - "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low". That was expected. After installing the revised version of "Shipyard.c" and reloading the savegame with me in the shipyard, and then selling the frigate, I still couldn't buy it back, but this was because "Cannot Buy - Tier Too High". A couple of cheat level-ups later, I was able to buy the ship. So the corrections to "Shipyard.c" do appear to solve the problem and bring the required rank to buy a ship into line with what is shown in the wiki.

@Cursed Rascal: download this and put it in "PROGRAM\INTERFACE". You should then be able to buy ships at the correct ranks.

Attachments

• shipyard.c
    182.2 KB · Views: 145
I started off as a British privateer in Napoleonic times, using Cheatmode to give myself a 6th rate frigate and rank Acting Lieutenant. After I'd sold the frigate at Speightstown shipyard, I couldn't buy it back - "Cannot Buy - Rank Too Low". That was expected. After installing the revised version of "Shipyard.c" and reloading the savegame with me in the shipyard, and then selling the frigate, I still couldn't buy it back, but this was because "Cannot Buy - Tier Too High". A couple of cheat level-ups later, I was able to buy the ship. So the corrections to "Shipyard.c" do appear to solve the problem and bring the required rank to buy a ship into line with what is shown in the wiki.
So then the names of the variables in the code, the behaviour of the code AND the Wiki are all in line?
Brilliant! :cheers

Not "will be", "is". :D A new version of the archive was uploaded today, and the updated "shipyard.c" is in it.

But you wanted to keep playing your existing game. If you install the fix archive, you'll need to start a new game, unless you have installed the previous version of the archive and already started anew. If you just download "shipyard.c", you should be able to continue using your saved game.

Back