• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wicked Dolphin Rum!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I don't know a whole lot about making whiskey, wine or rum, most of my experience is on the drinking end. I do know that if these spirits are stored in wooden barrels during the ageing process, some of the alcohol is absorbed into the wood. Some of it evaporates and the loss is refereed to as the “Angel’s Share,” or the “Devils Cut.” It seems a few enterprising individuals in Florida aren't willing to give up that so easily, and are in fact, determined to get it back!

Wicked Dolphin Distillery(awesome name btw!) has hit upon a processes of extracting the “Devil's Cut” from barrels that have been used to age rum. They take the previously used barrels, filled with just plain water, down about 90 feet to an old WWII shipwreck off the coast of Florida. After a bit of time under water, the pressure forces the alcohol back out of the wood and into the water. The process also incorporates the salt and some other flavors from the sea water. Once they bring the barrels to the surface, they refine and age rum even more, until they have a good rum flavor.

But enough of me trying to describe the process, head on over HERE and watch the video!!

Back