• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Widescreen?

So I know how to go into "engine.ini" and make my resolution 1680x1050 but when I go into the game, it's like everything is zoomed in. Anyone else having this problem/found a solution?

So, I was fiddling around with my laptop, which is 1366x768. On a whim, I just tried 1280x720 in engine.ini. Amazingly, it seems to have worked! I set fixed aspect ratio in nvidia menu, and the screen is now filled wide, without any of the stretching dwarfism for the characters. Only the interface is stretched, but who cares about that?

Hope someone else can reproduce this too.

Try changing the the engine.ini to your screen's native resolution, if that does'nt help, try 1920 x 1080, that worked for me, the main menu is streched but, ingame it's fine, 1920 x 1080 is my screen's native resolution though. It is also a HD screen connected to my machine via HDMI cable but, I doubt that it makes any difference to the game' widescreen capabilities.

I have been playing COAS at 1920X1200 for months now.
The engine.ini modification on the main folder works using my GeForce 360M card with native scaling at 16:10.
Interface is stretching slightly on main menu but in game it is normal.

No patch is required to run properly widescreen.
I would give this game a B in terms of use.

What I really would like to know is if this game can be played at 2560X1600 or higher.
That would be impressive.

I have been playing COAS at 1920X1200 for months now.
The engine.ini modification on the main folder works using my GeForce 360M card with native scaling at 16:10.
Interface is stretching slightly on main menu but in game it is normal.

No patch is required to run properly widescreen.
I would give this game a B in terms of use.

What I really would like to know is if this game can be played at 2560X1600 or higher.
That would be impressive.

I agree this is really annoying. What would really be nice is if this could be done from the GUI. When I changed mine doing the engine.ini tweak I got a black screen when I tried going above 1920X1200 with a 9850GTX. I went back to native settings because it looks too stretched on my 32 inch widescreen.

MK

I´m using a NEC PA271W Monitor with 16:9 Screen and a ASUS MATRIX PLATINUM - ATI RADEON Graphics Card and i can tell that it works great with 2560 x 1440 all over the whole game with Windows 7 / 64 bit :onya

Back