• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wiki suggestion

Redbeard

Sailor
I was perusing your wiki on 'Famous Pirates', and I'm curious if any of you own a digital copy of Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold off of GoG.com?

I ask because it has by far the finest manual I have ever witnessed in the history of gaming. It covers the life of the era, basic sailing mechanics like points of sail, popular ships, the historical background that lead to the situation in the caribbean, and... short biographies on a wide selection of famous pirates. As well as background information regarding their specific missions.

The Pirateopedia in the 2004 remake also is a wonderful, concise source of information on those men. I think it would definately add to the wiki. Obviously there are much more indepth sources online, but I think the smaller, more objective format would help the wiki. :) Just a suggestion if you ever planned on fleshing out the wiki more.

Redbeard, there would probably be copyright problems in posting excerpts from a game manual directly online.

But I personally am going to go buy myself a copy and read it, given your glowing recommendation. :)

Don't be discouraged, you have convinced me to go read the manual! And I very much look forward to it. :)

Back