• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Willing to Join

Tristen Magnoni

HoO Team Member
Quest Writer
Hello. I am Tristen and I just discovered all of this. This project seems very cool and I would love to be a part of it. The one problem I have is I may not have skills you need. I have not learned 3D modeling, programming or how to use the Cryengine. I have actually been trying to learn the first 2 for the past 2 years. My first year was mostly just trying to figure out how I can learn and what can help me. The last year I actually bought a book or two and took some online classes on how to program. Still sadly limited to very small tasks. However I am a writer. Not a published writer but I do have several "novels" that I have written in the past 3 years that are still being written, edited and refined. I also have some experience in RPG Maker and a bit of sprite editing and creation. So I guess that is all I can say really. I would like to learn more about working in 3D and how to use the Cryengine.

Hi Tristen, welcome aboard. :ahoy

If you want to get into writing, @Luke McReady is the one to contact. He might have some use for you in the writers' team.
For engine programming, @Captain Murphy may be able to help you out.
And for 3D modelling, it really depends on what you'd like to try your hand at making. Perhaps small props like swords and other items might be a good starting point, but a few of our other Coordinators will hopefully give you some guidance on that.

Once you decide what to contribute to, let us know and we'll give you the Provisional rank to get you started. :)

Welcome to the forum, mate!

I think @Captain Murphy mentioned that he is nearing a point where he knows relatively well how to make the CryEngine work and start training other people to help out with that.

Thanks for the welcome!
So I would love to join the writers team. I was kinda curious if I could also try out the other two as I would like to learn how to make props and how to use the CryEngine. Is that possible or is it recommended that I just stay with the writer team?

As far as I'm concerned, the most important is that you do what you want to do and that you like doing it.
So why indeed not give it all a try? It is up to you anyway. :doff

Back