• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Windows 10 Free Upgrade?

I haven't had a chance to play POTC yet, s far no issues with the few other games I have played yet. Sounds like a real hassle to activate a different motherboard. I am really curious to see how they will eventually define "Lifetime of Device."

I will be finding out about that when I get another motherboard and install it. I told them I would and hopefully all the info I gave them will go towards putting me on a list of "special" users who change hardware often.

One thing to note about windows 10, your license key now is stored as a bit of cache on your motherboard when you upgrade to that OS, so if you change motherboards, then you'll have to buy another key, note, you can completely change any other component on your system and still be fine, even if you have to completely reinstall windows.

One thing to note about windows 10, your license key now is stored as a bit of cache on your motherboard when you upgrade to that OS, so if you change motherboards, then you'll have to buy another key, note, you can completely change any other component on your system and still be fine, even if you have to completely reinstall windows.

I'm not sure if this will work the same way for windows 10, but in my experience, changing a motherboard has officually always forced you to get a new key. In practice though, microsoft wasn't too difficult about this, even with an OEM license (basically, if you're beneath their notice, they won't bother to enforce it on an individual basis. Sometimes they'll even give you a new one if you ask nicely). I have never had to buy a new license, even after replacing an entire PC. As long as you've got a legit copy, and you won't use it for more than one PC, you're good.

I have changed motherboards many times a year and a new key was always just a phone call away. When I got WinX the first thing I did was change motherboards and ended up in a long phone call with Macroshaft. The end result as I understand it was that I got a new key and was put in a "special" category so I can get new keys when I change motherboards again.

I have changed motherboards many times a year and a new key was always just a phone call away. When I got WinX the first thing I did was change motherboards and ended up in a long phone call with Macroshaft. The end result as I understand it was that I got a new key and was put in a "special" category so I can get new keys when I change motherboards again.

So it's still the same deal, except a bit more complicated? Well, as long as the rsults are the same, all's good.

Microsoft hates me, no way I'm getting a new key from them, lol, you're going to find that some companies loathe me and some love me XD

Last edited:
Back