• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Windows 7 HELP

The Wiki seems to be down.

After you meet Danielle and the other guy, you sail to Kralendijk where you meet Rheims and go to his house. You are separated from them after that and go to San Juan, then Sao Jorge, San Juan where you meet Danielle, and then Bridgetown. It is best to land at the lighthouse.

Did I get that correct? :checklist

Ah. The only reason that the Bridgetown fort is shooting at you is either a random glitch or because you are sailing Danielle's ship. Try starting from a save from before you set sail from the last island you were at.

It must have been an glitch. Im now at the part. Im now at the part where you have to kill the bridgetown fort but the game transport me to port, is this supose to happen? And also i have weaks ships (2 pinnance). ARe these ships enough or should i get battleships?(how much do they cost)

You should be ok. Being transported to the port is a workround for a Bug in the Capture Colonies mod. ( explained in dialog at Lighthouse before attack on Bridgetown).

You don't have to actually have to attack the fort, just fight the soldiers in the town then go with Danielle to the prison and free Clement. Should then be transported to the tavern and have a long talk with Danielle.

:pirates

Ok but im now at the quest where i have to fight the english fleet but they keep running away, and ever time i return from boarding the game crashes (blot.dll). There also have been some weird graphical effects (portion of the screen turning black and quickly return to normal).

Yes, the battle for Bridgetown is the worst part of the game where everything usually goes wrong. It sometimes takes me a dozen attempts to get through it successfully. It is a huge relief to finally get past it.

Gonna re-attempt the battle. Anybody know about those weird graphics glitches? I cant post screenshots since the effects quickly disappears

The graphical anomalies have been a feature of POTC for over 2 1/2 years and no one has been able to stop them from happening. The best we have been able to do is reduce them a bit. :shrug

Dont worry the glitches will go away, as for the quest maybe you can load and earlier save and use that time to buy some better ships, provisions, rum and plenty of hand ammunition, and ship ammunitions. The battle is very hard and is best if you have large ships, I used the 1st class Endeavor from Vanderdecken in Isla De Muerta, for the Battle at Barbados, and for battling the Warships you find at Cozumel, and to fight Black Pearl, what I'm just saying is: Larger ships mean More Victories :onya Good luck mate on this awesome quest! :popcorn:

If you can sit tight and let them come to you it is possible to win this battle with ships like a fluyt, a pinnace, and a grand schooner. The worst problem is the fort dismasting your ships. The first English ship in is way undermanned and easily boarded and taken. You do need big ships for Cozumel. The fleet there can chew you up.

Won the battle easly onfortunatly i did not put my officiers inmcommand because i got scared the game might die. How do you attach those screenshots?

OMG why cant you save when you land on the beach? I almost finished the temple quest but my my sword somehow got unequipt and died! Now i have to recapture the SOTL again.

Thats a bummer :modding Its been a while since I've played the New Horizons quest so I do not remember very much about the temple and beach, though I'm playing as Nathaniel right now I'm just doing free play. I dont know how your sword would get unequiped though... :8q

Just finished the game (final battle was way too easy!)! Planning on recruiting gibbs and sail to isla muella.
Also here is a screenie of the weird screenglitches:
45b14966.png

These are the weird screen thingy's they just come up and disappear again. The issue comes when speeding up time (x30 example). Stopping time speed sometimes fixes it but sometimes it still comes up even when not in time speed mode. I was even forced to quit the game once :( ).

Well I'm glad you have finished the quest, and theres still plenty of side quests to be had! Try going to Bonaire after Isla Muelle and get a quest from some women outside the govenor's house in Kralendjik, its full of twists and turns, and a good frigate at the end and plenty of rewards and you get lots of rep. points. About Those glitches, they usually for me come at random and last only for a few seconds, I've never had the problem of speeding x30 and getting that glitch.

I get the graphic anomalies whenever a ship loses a mast. I see in your screenie that at least 2 ships have lost masts.

Congratulations on finishing the main quest! :onya There are many side quests to do yet. There is 1 at Kralendijk, 2 at Grand Cayman, 1 at Port Au Prince, and several small ones at Martinique. Then there are the other storylines...............:bird:

Hey its what your enemies like to do for fun- demast ya! Its all the fun they can get before they realize your not somebody to mess with and as they say they bravely run away, leaving you waith no prize no plunder but some glitches and a ship to repair.
Bravely runawa- wow I'm drifting into Monty Python, heh heh heh.... :wp That reminds me wheres my Holy Hand Grenade?

Haha yeah lol. The glitches seem to be caused by demasting. I attacked a french convoy and demasted a ship, a min later the screen glitched again. Anybody with a fix will get a nice pouch of gold! (notices that his gold was stolen last night)

Back