• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Winds of Luck: Multiplayer Online Game

Looking Forward To This Game?

• Yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Admiral

Sea Dog
BannerProductDetail.png

Wind of Luck – massive multiplayer online game, in which the action takes place in the golden age of piracy in XVI-XVIII centuries, when the open sea piracy flourished, rum was neat, and the adventurer’s life – a short one.

The game conveys the atmosphere of piracy created by adventure literature XIX-XX centuries and place player in the world of romanticized piracy, with unlimited opportunities in high tides of fortune. The player begins his career as captain of a pirate boat with a few guns and a small crew in a huge world with 180 unique towns in three vast regions, covering the most lively areas of navigation at that time - the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico, Mediterranean Sea, Indonesia, East China and South China Sea.

The game recreates the atmosphere of anarchy, familiar to us from the myth of the golden age of piracy, when every captain was a man for himself, pirates power barons held on personal authority, the trade was an armed and well-being of every adventurer depended on his ability to cope with the ship and crew.

Sunken ships, lost islands, treasures, "black labels", privateering, caravans, bounty hunters, pirates, corrupt and honest governors, smugglers, powerful trading companies, kidnapping and ransom – all essential elements of piracy's "golden age" will accompany the player and influence the world around him

The player can join to one of three large pirate factions - each of them spread his power over the entire region. The big three pirate faction hate eachother and take every possible actions to soften his enemies. And yes, this means full PvP aganist ohter factions!

The focal point of the Wind of Luck gameplay is a sea battle – highly maneuverable, giving the player a wide variety of different tricks and unusual actions. Each ship has its own strengths and weaknesses, and even the light brig have the opportunity to emerge victorious in the battle with the first class line ship. A special model of the ships movement let player feel the mass of the sailing vessel and, at the same time, it allows maintaining the necessary flexibility for the gameplay and the dynamics of hard fighting.

The player can capture, buy, order, build or steal ships of 90 various types and equip his ship by dozens of species of long cannons, carronades, Gatling guns, harpoon cannons, even catapults.

The economy of the game is built as an adaptive system and the market price is largely dependent on the behavior of players, which adds a sense of realism in the world. Also there is a flexible model for interaction between players and various factions, controlled by artificial intelligence (governments and commercial companies). Such adaptive behavior allows the player to feel that his actions significantly affect the environment in the world.

Official Website
http://www.trazzy.com/products/betas/6

Facebook Page :onya
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winds-Of-Luck/413527295421130

Does have potential, that's for sure!

Few things I wonder about:
- Are there going to be waves?
- Will the sails be animated to not look so static?
- Is the whole game going to be slowed down to look more realistic? I'm not as crazy on realism as some here, but speed-boating around does go a bit too far for me. :confused:
- Is the game going to allow walking around and sword-fighting as well, or just sea battles?
- This game is going to focus PURELY on pirates?

I like the idea of having the Mediterranean and Asia in there as well. And the recoil of the cannons when fired is also a nice touch (if it is slowed down, with crew added on the deck).

- Are there going to be waves?
not sure,
- Will the sails be animated to not look so static?
I Believe so
- Is the whole game going to be slowed down to look more realistic? I'm not as crazy on realism as some here, but speed-boating around does go a bit too far for me. :confused:
I think it will be in the final release. but not in the arena version. which will be released first.
- Is the game going to allow walking around and sword-fighting as well, or just sea battles?
Yes Land Also
- This game is going to focus PURELY on pirates?
no.

Hmm... what is it with modern pirate/seafaring games and skipping on the waves? "Caribbean!" also seems to have no waves whatsoever.
Seriously, they managed to do waves quite well with PotC in 2003 and all subsequent games in that series! Perhaps there is a reason why the engine of those games is called "Storm".
But seriously, NOT having waves at sea is a HUGE bummer for me. That's what makes the sea the SEA! And I should know; I WORK there! :whipa

Yeah, and what do you do for work if you dont mind?, Wave's are a big thing for me.. actually "storms" are my favorite place to sail :) i dont know why. just seem's more..... Magical.dangerous and exiting. sailing on flat water is like floating a rubber duck in a pond -.-

Yeah, and what do you do for work if you dont mind?
I'm an officer with Holland America Line. Or that is to say... I usually am.
The "title" below my username is actually accurate. ;)

Wave's are a big thing for me.. actually "storms" are my favorite place to sail :) i dont know why. just seem's more..... Magical.dangerous and exiting.
They do add to the excitement, that's for sure! Whenever the going gets rough, I tend to get more cheerful; at least then you know you're really at SEA! :woot

sailing on flat water is like floating a rubber duck in a pond -.-
Very much so. Once when I crossed the Atlantic, the water was flat calm and we encountered ships every day. It was like sailing on a big pond for 7 days. :facepalm

Do the education to become an officer and apply to work with Holland America Line. Fairly straightforward. :shrug

Okay cool, wonder if i can find something like that here in australia,
Is it good work though? you would have to go away for a while yes?

Since you've apparently already got some expertise in other areas, I wouldn't recommend switching around to seafaring.
Just go on a cruise some day or volunteer on a tall ship or something. Just for fun, rather than as a job.
It is a tough life, especially for people who are capable of understanding computers;
because people like me or NOT generally the people who work at sea. At all. But I do anyway. :confused:

i used to sail a lot on my father's boat back in the day. just journeys to New Zealand From Sydney, but yeah, id rather the More "Sailing" Aspect Of Sea. Just to get away from thing's, but yeah your properly right, i would get out there and one month into it i would be over it :facepalm, but i do enjoy short trips :)

ei4apl.png

Winds Of Luck Arena Beta
Open beta at the starboard bow! The team at Trazzy Entertainment are proud to announce that new MMO, Wind of Luck: Arena, is now available in open beta. Take part in giant naval battles on the high seas in an exciting multiplayer session-based online experience. There’s a huge variety of weapons and historically accurate ships available, so get involved today! Two teams of ten each will blast each other across the seas with a variety of weapons attached to beta signups are now available,sign up today
A new free-to play multiplayer session-based online game, Wind of Luck: Arena, developing by Trazzy Entertainment Ltd., will take you to the world of naval fights in the age sail. The game is centered on the naval battle – dynamic, decisive and devastating constant action, where skillful captain can sink much bigger ships, using a wide variety of different tricks and unusual actions. There are many different types of war vessels, which can be equipped by a number of various weapons, such as long cannons, carronades, mitrailleuses, harpoons, even ballistae and catapults. Each and every ship has its strong points and vulnerabilities, and even the small schooner can achieve victory against a heavy frigate.​
From tiny fragile boats with 2-4 small cannons to massive four-deckers and legendary colossal Chinese Junks – the range of available ships is truly wide. The same can be said about armament – they range from 4-pounder Minions to massive Quebrantamuro cannons. A number of uncommon custom options available for players too – including catapults, mitrailleuses, harpoon cannons, barrels with oil and gunpowder, fireboats, mortars, smoke…​
We created a truly unpredictable and dynamic battle environment where a lot of tricks can be successfully used.
Currently there is a team vs team battle mode, where 2 random teams of 10 players each compete in a battle location for a sunken treasure. Battle locations vary from the Caribbean Sea to the Isles of Sunda, and each location is carefully designed for allowing different gameplay tactics and themed to reflect some famous legend or history from the age of sail period.​
-Wind of Luck is a session-based team multiplayer online game dedicated to naval battles of the age of sail warships. It’s a unique opportunity to feel like a commander or pirate captain in the midst of a furious seafight offensive!​
-The game features team vs team battles, which allows you to fight against random opponents, train together with your friends, sharpening various combat skills and exploring various locations. Battles will take place in truly special seascapes which offer not only a good spectacle, but also the tactical challenge of a variety of battle conditions.
-For start you will have one basic vessel of three very different shipbuilding traditions — mainstream West European (named “Caribbean” in game), Mediterranean and East Asian. You will be awarded fame, expertise and piasters after each battle, to have assets for improving your existent ships and acquiring new ones.​
-Use piasters earned to repair your ship and resupply ammunition, and to improve your performance on the battle by mounting various additional weapons and equipment.
-Use expertise to upgrade your vessels and unlocking special abilities and fame – to unlock new ships. Easy and rich system of ship upgrading and development allows possibility to try out virtually all the vehicles and weapons featured in the game.​
There is nothing that can stop you on your way to be a true sea wolf!​
Good luck and enjoy!
Open beta of Wind of Luck: Arena is planned for August/September 2013.
More info available at:
Just Click The Name :)
You May Also Ask Question's Here And Or Leave Feedback,
Previous Questions Will Be Below.
third%20rate%20looking%20for%20prey%20(1).jpg

BannerProductDetail.png

Update,

Open Beta is Hopefully Avaliable By The End Of this month!, There new Wind of luck website should also be up and running within the next week or two :) ,

Job?
At the moment, we're looking for a competent C ++ programmer to develop game user interface and landscape 3D (good with 3D Max program) modeler to create locations for Wind of Luck: Arena. That's all for now.

Not sure if that's still avaliable but worth a shot if anyone is capable? Link to thread below.
http://www.trazzy.com/Forum/topic51-jobs.aspx

Last edited:
Back