• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP 18-pounder frigate

Well, my other ship, the Boston, had 20 percent more polies on the hull (plus 4 megs of textures and custom masts/standing rigging) and Inzane reported absolutely no performance hits when he got it ingame. But you´re right, this amount of polies is only acceptable if the ship´s unique and can only be used by the player. I´m going to test the perfomance on two computers (1 year old pc/4 years old laptop) and if its too much I´ll reduce the amount of polies and textures accordingly. But believe me, I´m really trying hard to get a good balance of appearance and poly count :)

Did some work on the textures, not sure if the "used" look is okay, i´ll need input on that.

PA13.jpeg
PA12.jpeg
PA1.jpeg

Yup, a veeeeery small one. Just came back from vacation and added the steering wheel and did some minor corrections to the hull :keith

Unbenannt.jpeg

Oh, its still on my comp, I just got tired of fixing hundreds of modelling errors - the boston was my first serious 3D project - after doing the rigging. But she will be ingame someday (the game could be Corsairs IV, though ;) )

Or such a ship like bava´s signature

The ship is the Sphynx, a 20 gun "jackass" frigate. I just got the hull done but nothing else to show atm.

But back to my current project, was in uv-mapping mood today and here´s the result:

[attachment=3421:pA_11.jpeg]
[attachment=3420:pA12.jpeg]

I´m pretty happy with the flow of the planking, some glitches are still left, but it shouldn´t take to long to fix them. Next: modelling the 18 pounders :D

Those two pictures remind me so much of the Frigate from the movie Masters And Commanders, i think that Frigate was a little more shallow at the front and had 40+ 18 pound cannons and was a two decker. This ship is really nice and i would love to sail that ship in AOP2 when she's released.

Well done and keep up the good work.;)

Those two pictures remind me so much of the Frigate from the movie Masters And Commanders, i think that Frigate was a little more shallow at the front and had 40+ 18 pound cannons and was a two decker. This ship is really nice and i would love to sail that ship in AOP2 when she's released.

Well done and keep up the good work.;)

That two decker with 44 guns was infact the USS Constitution or rather a model of her, and she is already ingame and I don't really think this ship looks anything like her.

Still really nice work Bava and we really can't have enough frigates.

anything new around here ? :keith

Not on the ship, I´m doing a lot of tutorials atm to learn one or two new modelling tricks, should be helpfull to improve certain areas of my ship that I don´t like.

And I´m trying to make a few new items for a small Mount&Blade mod. In the case you´re interested, here are some pics:

37380374.jpg

65272801.jpg

helmet.jpg

Hehe, I knew somebody would notice it, a lot of PA people are playing M&B, too. :p
Btw, I tried to get it into a M&B scene just for sh*ts and giggles but it always crashed during loading, too many polies for a single object me thinks.

Whats your nick on taleworlds, TtT?

I didn't register, I just read it through. I am a lurker. I am very interested in the polished minimap mod and pensulinar war mod.

Back