• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug [WIP] Boarding Crew not in scene

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
When using the savegame in here:
Confirmed Bug - Boarding: No Captain on Deck | Page 2 | PiratesAhoy!

and my crew starts a mutiny only my officers appear on the deck. the boarding crew is presend in the loaded_location variable but I don't see them, so this could be a locator problem.

@Pieter Boelen could you check if this happens in an earlier versio too?

also getting these errors:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_utils.c; line: 418
function 'LAi_CreateFantomCharacterEx' stack error

I know for certain Mutiny has worked fine.

Good chance those error logs are very much related.

it seems that when officers are created it doesn't work right, but once officers aren't created it does work ...

Pretty sure I've seen officers and crew both in the Mutiny deck scene before.

Pretty sure I've seen officers and crew both in the Mutiny deck scene before.
me too
I hope someone else could confirm this to be a problem just in my version of the game.
I will do a clean install very soon.

@Pieter Boelen , I know for certain I've had mutinies, with officers on my side before. Several times, on the previous version, as I was testing salaries and such.

I think there are two possibilities:

1) the bug is new

2) the bug is instead situational, and something about ANSEL's setup creates the possibility.

Ansel, by your setup I mean your particular saved game and its circumstances. Something about your crew, particular ship, morale level, abundance of officers, etc. Ansel has very strong numerous officers.

The mutiny bug could have been always there, but caused by something very particular.

@Pieter Boelen the characters are loaded into the location so it sounds to me like a locator issue. The ship in the savegame we used, uses a boarddeck which might not be used often for mutiny. if someone else could test it for other ships that would be nice

In theory, that might be possible.

But a more plausible explanation is that it was recently broken.

@Levis @Pieter Boelen

Confirmed the bug is situational.

Attached a save, brave black flag start with the officers, but used a sloop to get the different deck. The save is about 3 days before a mutiny will occur.

Upon mutiny, all 8 (I think, there were alot of them) of my officers (or maybe some officers some sailors, but they were friendly to me) appeared on the deck, and only 1 mutinous sailor. The officers killed him quickly.

Given the mutiny gave me an 8 to 1 advantage, I think there are two possibilities:

1) locator issue with some decks, as Levis said

2) the game is incorrectly allowing too many officers to appear, and they crowd out the mutinous sailors so there is no room. Mine only had 1 sailor, Ansel's 0, could be related.

I think maybe 2, since they gave me so many officers.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea July 4th, 1682.rar
    509 KB · Views: 219
@Pieter Boelen maybe to be 100% sure could you test it 4.1 too?
I forgot which ship @ANSEL was using but I think he can say it himself.

@ANSEL

I saw the post, but when I load up your saved game from that link, I see a Tier 4 advanced frigate. Just downloaded and checked again.

I mean the save you gave @Levis in the other thread...is there something weird going on where your ships are showing up wrong when I load them up?

Because that may have something to do with the worldmap missing merchant ship stuff too if so.

Back