• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed [WIP] Coastguard ships not attacking me

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
I'm working on the questship code but for some reason the ships are generated okay but they don't attack me. Their task is set to attack me but they won't. I tried to have the attribute set to the captain where the falseflag detection is skipped but it doesn't work either...
@Pieter Boelen do you have any idea why it wouldn't work?
I'm flying a dutch flag and the ships are flying dutch flags too.

I can not confirm this. While the coastguard on land did neither talk to nor attack me, the ships did. Definitely, more than once.

This is guaranteed to be an issue exclusive to the recent WIP, so I've marked this thread as such.
I know it works fine in the earlier releases, as @Skyworm also confirms.

@Levis: To ensure these ships are hostile regardless of flags and nation relations, I had this line in the 28 July 2016 code:
Code:
rFantom.recognized = true; // PB: Have these ships always hostile, regardless of flag
I assume that in the rewriting process, that got lost. So it should be easily fixed by putting that back. :doff

This is guaranteed to be an issue exclusive to the recent WIP, so I've marked this thread as such.
I know it works fine in the earlier releases, as @Skyworm also confirms.

@Levis: To ensure these ships are hostile regardless of flags and nation relations, I had this line in the 28 July 2016 code:
Code:
rFantom.recognized = true; // PB: Have these ships always hostile, regardless of flag
I assume that in the rewriting process, that got lost. So it should be easily fixed by putting that back. :doff
Thanks, that was the problem. Must have overlooked that one ... I did a compare already but must have missed it still.
New files on their way with the questships working agian.

Back