• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm [WIP] CTD When fireing canons

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So it could very well be I accedently messed up my own game or forgot to install a fix. But when testing things today I had a CTD two times. I think they happened when the enemy ship tried to shoot at me. No errorlogs.

Last I got in the compile log was my testcode from earlier stating I'm in function:
Group_SetTaskAttackEx

Maybe it also has something to do with goods being depleted. It might also happened because I shot my cannons but I'm not sure. The ship I was sailing was very low on food and gunpowder etc.

Hi Levis, I have engaged in lots of battles without CTDs, firing cannons and being hit myself, but I am having performance issues where my framerates are somewhat low. It might be my imagination though.

I wonder if those endless cannon qty errors have something to do with it? It seems to be constantly looping through the error.

Hi Levis, I have engaged in lots of battles without CTDs, firing cannons and being hit myself, but I am having performance issues where my framerates are somewhat low. It might be my imagination though.

I wonder if those endless cannon qty errors have something to do with it? It seems to be constantly looping through the error.
endless errorlogs will certanly take down your fps

It sounds like there is an explosion of new bugs.
To prevent confusion, can you guys start appending a note in the entry titles to indicate if they relate to the current EXE or one of the newer ZIPS?

I've got to admit; the number of new bugs are definitely scary.
It reminds me of something very, very similar that happened last year, but I'm not going to go through that again.

To prevent that this time around, I have no other choice than to not create another EXE until the ZIP contents are confirmed safe and stable.
When I have time, I may try to fix errors that affect the current EXE, but only that.
So that's why I'd need to know which issues were introduced later.

I've got to admit; the number of new bugs are definitely scary.
It reminds me of something very, very similar that happened last year, but I'm not going to go through that again.

To prevent that this time around, I have no other choice than to not create another EXE until the ZIP contents are confirmed safe and stable.
When I have time, I may try to fix errors that affect the current EXE, but only that.
So that's why I'd need to know which issues were introduced later.
I expected some bugs. I mean merging 4 different functions together which all used theire own way to create captains is bound to cause some problems. Some errors I think are things which have been in the game for quite some time but are only now mentioned.
But I do also find the amount of new bugs a bit scary ...

Indeed this isn't much of a surprise.
I'll err on the side of caution though until the new system is fully ready.

@Pieter Boelen @Levis

Makes sense to not create a new EXE yet, and maybe I'm overly optimistic sort, but I'm not worried at all about these bugs.

Levis just fixed the two major ones, the only ones that really hurt gameplay much. What do we have now, Soldier captains use muskets? Possible issue with mutiny that may have existed before? Boarders carry a bit of gold? Captain levels not quite matching pre-hire amounts?

The worst bugs reported now (navy captains without weapons and odd leveling when they are tier 8) are the result of an attempted fix that didn't work out, not the main changes.

Minor bugs are what is left, and we are a couple of days in only.

Meanwhile, Levis managed to merge all those functions in a way that is working PERFECTLY except for a few isolated bugs.

It's getting less attention, but as I've posted in the feedback section, Levis's captain generation system is working completely correct. Coastraiders, open sea encounters, navy captains, merchant captains, are all having the correct levels assigned for them. Enemy boarder levels seem correct, as do player boarder levels.

I think this is all very great, and exciting. :)

so noone else has this problem?
That is good. I will try again next week after I did a clean install of my game, but I hope it was just a result of some screwing around with stuff.

After a fresh install today not problems either, so I think I messed something up myself.
Going to close this one now.

Back