• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[WIP] HMS Interceptor (+ Tutorials)

Skeleton Bob

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
Storm Modder
Preparations:
interceptor0.jpg

Modeling:
interceptor1.jpg

Basic Texturing:
interceptor2.jpg

to be continued ....

very nice ship :) can`t wait too see her ingame.we definally need more class 3 and 4 ships that would be great :p:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Diomed`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Diomed)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->We need more 1 class ships, some that aren't slow I think. But the Interceptor looks great![/quote]

at one point you are right Diomed but the other point is all this class 1 ships make the Game too easy and finally its too easy too get these .In my last Game I get a class 2 Frigate after one hour and thats was it gg .Ok some more variants of class 1 ships would be nice but i think all the lowlevelships give the game a longer timeline and more motivation for the gameplay ,at the moment we can rule too fast in this game . :)

What I would like is a real ship of the line a 74 0r 72,they don't make it too easy if you play the game like me, take on whole fleets, or four man'owars also I only get them once I reach a high rank with my nation, naturally an Admiral or Marquis would have a larger ship.

I agree, we do need a 74. Yet I am compelled to follow Deringer's line of reasoning. The game is chiefly a pirate game, and while some might play as grand admiral's in the national navies, I think that the focus of the game, both in play style and in ai tactics, supports small class naval warfare. As such, more of the lighter weights need to be brought in. Not necessarily new rigging types, just different versions of the same ship. The addition of this 14 gun brig will be good. Then perhaps we can make a sloop of war, a smaller schooner, and better merchant ships. That will greatly enhance the types of encounters available in the game.

Actually, I take a lot of that back. We need better frigates before we need better merchant ships. A 28 and 32 gun frigate would be great!

<!--`QuoteBegin-jmv575`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmv575)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I agree, we do need a 74.  Yet I am compelled to follow Deringer's line of reasoning.  The game is chiefly a pirate game, and while some might play as grand admiral's in the national navies, I think that the focus of the game, both in play style and in ai tactics, supports small class naval warfare.  As such, more of the lighter weights need to be brought in.  Not necessarily new rigging types, just different versions of the same ship.  The addition of this 14 gun brig will be good.  Then perhaps we can make a sloop of war, a smaller schooner, and better merchant ships.  That will greatly enhance the types of encounters available in the game.[/quote]

thats exactly what i mean .What bring me a sloop i a different texture style when both sloops ingame have absolutely the self values thats ugly why i couldn`t have one version with 8 gun`s and a mortar ,even some more different variants .

btw we need carronades and mortar`s god i have too much dreams hehe :)

That Interceptor is a lovely lass! Beautiful ship, with a wonderful skin already!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Diomed`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Diomed)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What I would like is a real ship of the line a 74 0r 72,they don't make it too easy if you play the game like me, take on whole fleets, or four man'owars also I only get them once I reach a high rank with my nation, naturally an Admiral or Marquis would have a larger ship.[/quote]

Oh, hear, hear! I COMPLETELY agree! I think we're set on the 3 deckers, 74s made up the bulk of The Line. I'd love a good 74, and would dream of two, an English type and a French one, or a 'long 74' and a 'short'...

I concur with the Frigates as well. What we have seems mighty 'Russian' to me, which is fine... But an English or French one would be nice, to say nothing of an American one!

Of course, if you ask me, a nice Galleon like the Susan Constant or Mayflower II, maybe even the Golden Hind would suit me up and down... :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sailor_Al`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sailor_Al)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That Interceptor is a lovely lass!  Beautiful ship, with a wonderful skin already!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Diomed`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Diomed)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What I would like is a real ship of the line a 74 0r 72,they don't make it too easy if you play the game like me, take on whole fleets, or four man'owars also I only get them once I reach a high rank with my nation, naturally an Admiral or Marquis would have a larger ship.[/quote]

Oh, hear, hear! I COMPLETELY agree! I think we're set on the 3 deckers, 74s made up the bulk of The Line. I'd love a good 74, and would dream of two, an English type and a French one, or a 'long 74' and a 'short'...

I concur with the Frigates as well. What we have seems mighty 'Russian' to me, which is fine... But an English or French one would be nice, to say nothing of an American one!

Of course, if you ask me, a nice Galleon like the Susan Constant or Mayflower II, maybe even the Golden Hind would suit me up and down... :p:[/quote]

absolutely agree 8) btw call me creasy but I`ve never seen a sexier heck like this one hehe ,god i think i lost my mind tonight :)
Constitution

Constitution.jpg

Golden Hind, now some of the things Drake did with her were just amazing. Fast too.

Since the POTBS models are done in maya, will it be possibel to import them? Is that a no no due to copyright?

For my next ship I have the USS Constitution or the HMS Rose in mind .....

.... but there's still a LOT of work ahead with the Interceptor.

She has 16 cannons btw. ....

I think I'm going to take the kids to see the Elissa this weekend in Galveston. I know, she's a `steel-hulled` ship, but she's an original, built in 1877. It should be neat for the kiddos, and ehem... for me, too.

:)

Back