• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[WIP] HMS Interceptor (+ Tutorials)

She's very nice. Are that the ingame brig rigging? Those are some pretty big trunks for such a pretty little brig.

:) Very very nice, Sweet mama that a sight for sore eyes,I been modeling myself, built a sweet Nelson 74 hull, But for some reason every time I export the mesh to gm useing the plugin that is on this site,the mesh looks like it exploded.I can see you dont have this problem.Where have I gone wrong?I am using Maya 4.5 with the plugin and trying to make a hierarchy that works,Got one working so it least exports but as I mentione it looks like the mesh exploded :) ,Any help would be great,

Hi Inzane!

Your problem is that the mesh is `double-sided`.
Uncheck "Double Sided" in the Attributeeditor:

atred.jpg

And a working hierarchy would be:

hierarchy.jpg

The "locator1" is the parent of everything and also marks where the waterline will be ingame.

Note that the "fireplaces" (where the ship burns when hit with bombs) are not shown on this image. You would simply place the `fireplace-locators` and group them to goup "fireplaces". Same with the front and rear cannons. The group names would be "cannonf" and "cannonb".

Also note that the mesh has to be a certain size (rather large), or else maya may crash or the mesh exports corrupted.

Hope that helps! :)

Skelly Bob

:) Thanks Skeleton Bob,I will give it a try in a few,And I think your right that it many be doublesided,Maya its kinda new to me,I have been using lightwave for 6 years for work and we got Maya just recently,So I figure what better way to to get my sea legs by doing a bunch of ship mods, :) I will keep you posted on how it goes.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Skelly Bob rocks!  :)[/quote]

He do, that he does, he shore do!

:) your so cool Skeleton Bob it worked,no more popcorn ships :) . Any clue how to invert those polys in maya??

got it :) alot of hidden stuff in maya,But so far so good. :) Thanks again ,This is kinda exciting ,reminds me of my early days modding SFC

I love the ship, but the 2 stair cases that lead up too where the helm would be. On the Interceptor(Lady Washington), there is only one stair case. On the port side.

Got the hull in game :) but for some reason its tiny.The fish swiming by me are huge :) I scaled the mesh to the same size of a exported mesh thats in game .Or did the conversion to obj screw up the scales :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-KevO44`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevO44)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I love the ship, but the 2 stair cases that lead up too where the helm would be. On the Interceptor(Lady Washington), there is only one stair case. On the port side.[/quote]

hmm... but the plans of the official LW site show 2:

http://ladywashington.linsect.com/theship.html

You are correct. But I was pretty sure there was only one. Oh well. :)

:mrgreen: that ship look so amazing Bob ,reaallly i can`t wait too have this beaty ingame ,and i hope you release some tutorials because i think maya really don`t like me :) keep up your work and think we can play POTC longer as 4 hour`s in the future .Akually is Morrowind the better Game :) but modder`s like you could change this blemish :)

Back