• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[WIP] Matching GOF files, finding errors etc.

Darthtuvok

Powder Monkey
So i started this topic here to be some kind of help for the modders and coders and to bring polish the work which is already done by them.
I stumbled by fortune over one crudity and i said to myself if there is one crudity, there may be more that needs fixing!!! So this is how it began.

Here I will post what of codes/files i found that have crudities and show the mods what sectore is unfinished yet, I will start working down the GOF 1.1 files and try to contribute in some kind to the patch 1.2 .

12.06.2011 15:30

So starting with ships*:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships

1) battleship_l
-sailorpoints file is present while ships file is missing
2) boat
-sailorpoints file is missing (is this actually a ship or not?)
3) HMS_Bounty
-ship file is missing
4) linefrigate1
-sailorpoints file is missspelled linefrigate1 instead of linefregate1 [fixed for patch 1.2]

*I dunno if this could cause any cudities but apparently alot of ships have different writing in capital letters/ small letters, which MAY cause some problems. If you want i can tweak all the ship names to be the same in capital/small letter spelling and upload the data here, but if it does not then i will focus on finding more crudites

12.06.2011 14:20

Observing character files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\MODELS\Characters

1) Apart from ALOT of charcters -_- i found this! Seems to be a horse model, which was never released into the COAS world, might be fun to see what it looks like though. (Confirmed to be female models!)
[IMG=http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4811/horseomfg.jpg][/IMG]

14.06.2011 13:30

Bugs found during gameplay:

1) Pirates Nation Bug ingame (fixed by someone and is already in Patch 1.2)

2) At San Martin it's not possible to use fast travel port, while all other options are available like tavern etc... (seems like there's an coding error or so because it isn't available at this town only) (awaiting fix confirmation)

3) Musket is not showing its proper wield position but instead it has the behaviour of a pistol (might help maybe to copy the musketoon wielding codes into the infantry musket) (awaiting fix confirmation)

Thanks for reading and I suggest the mods to check this post up from time to time for it will be updated frequently :D

To be continued...

A lot of characters go unused mostly because we'd like them to appear in quests, but we can't make our own quests at this time.

In regards to the horses, they are from AoP, but at the moment, the animations for them don't work so they have been disabled.

Just to explain & avoid misunderstandings - the horse models are Females ( women ) not the 4-legged animal.

Why their files are named horse :shrug - unless Seaward meant something else and got the wrong english spelling :shock - since some of the files are in the vanilla game.

:cheers

OK from now on i will post my pictures from the sword development into this topic since i moved on with maya and maybe i can track that way my progress in the maya modelling somehow.

So here is a sneak peak of the sword i will try to model:

Yay that will be for sure alot of fun^^

I will switch back on redefining the edge of the sword later on but first i'll need to fouc on the hilt ;)

Wasn't unable to make the hilt till now because the fking cutting doesn't work like i want it to work... back to watching even more tutorials xD at least the sword is razor sharp now ^^

Wow i still cannot believe i just made my frist raw sword... I know it is far from the finishing polish but it is a start...

Heh thats what happens if you have to much Dr.Pepper, no modelling experience at all and are dedicated in what you do and cannot sleep ;) way to go

Yeah it looks horrible i know, thats cuz it is not finished yet and the handle might be a lil bit off! ^^

Ok fixed the hilt to look more pirate-ish now. New problem: Swordblade and hilt knob are somewhat notfitting, and i have already combined the parts... soooo if someone of the modder wants it to improve me jsut post it here i will upload it...
Oh and i don't want to think of the shading... Maya is kind of complex in designing although it is fun, it's like learning a foreign language and though i am already used to allt hose commands i only build up forms, seems to be some kind of respect of the shading and colouring... How does the other blades get the silver colour anyway.

So feel free to post if you like/disliked my first try at Maya, I for my part gonna play some GOF now to wash my brains of from those complex stuff ;)

Regards Tuvok,

Back