• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed [WIP] Navy Captain equipment

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
With the soldier weapon line now commented out, there should be normal weapons even for navy ships. That is what I am seeing, but:

A navy (I assume, he was dressed like a guard) coastraider captain of a ship I just boarded was armed with a musket and bayonett. He probably wasn't high enough level to get that equipment naturally (tier 8 ship) so I'm assuming it got assigned directly.

Shouldn't navy captains get normal swords and stuff? Musket and bayonett doesn't seem right, so perhaps their equipment should not be defined to be the same as guards, if that is what is going on.

Captains should not affected by the Soldier Weapons as they're generated elsewhere.

Though of course I have no clue what might be different with the new system.

Hmmm I did notice they where set to .isSoldier somewhere. I don´t know why but could this cause them to get equiped with muskets?

Hmmm I did notice they where set to .isSoldier somewhere. I don´t know why but could this cause them to get equiped with muskets?
It most definitely could!

How come that happens? Are you setting them to GuardianType or PatrolType for some reason? o_O

It most definitely could!

How come that happens? Are you setting them to GuardianType or PatrolType for some reason? o_O
GuardianType
The original code did this too. But it did it later, and probably because it's now done before the skills etc are done it uses it for equipment too.

GuardianType
The original code did this too. But it did it later, and probably because it's now done before the skills etc are done it uses it for equipment too.
Ah, that explains it. Replace that with CivilianGuardianType and that should take care of it.

Please test if this solves the problem (it will only work on newly created captains)

I will test and report back in a few hours Levis. :)

Thanks again for doing all this work.

The new Captain generation system is awesome, as is the support and fixes you are giving. :)

@Levis

I may be going crazy, but I think the file you uploaded is identical to the last mod release. The only winmerge differences are my recent rework of boarding skills, and just to be sure I reextracted the last patch version, and they show as identical in winmerge. Did you upload before saving changes perhaps, or is something else going on?

My mistake. uploaded the wrong file.

Attachments

• LAi_CreateCaptain.c
    4.8 KB · Views: 160
Installed, will report back after confirming the problem is solved.

Thanks Levis for pushing these fixes out! :) So greatly appreciated!

@Levis Ok, so pretty odd results.

I fought a heavy lugger that seemed to be a navy ship. The Captain was dressed in a guard uniform and everything, but in his character stats he was listed as "merchant captain", not a navy captain. His character portrait was a standard guard one though (british flag).

Also, his level didn't make sense, he was level 13.

int rank = (8-shipclass)*7;
rank = rank*0.8 + 0.3*rand(rank);
rank += GetOfficTypeRankBonus(SCaptain.quest.officertype);
if(rank < 1) rank = 1;
return rank;

For a Tier 8, he should be exactly level 10 for a navy captain.

Doesn't make sense., unless the program then added the merchant captain bonus of 3 to the original 10 for the navy captain.

Maybe it generated a navy captain, gave him the uniform, then turned him into a merchant captain and gave him another rank bonus?

When did you check these values? After you hired him?

@Levis Nope, because of the other bug with recreating their values after hiring, I am only reporting pre-hiring values. Any levels I give you will always be prehiring. They let you view their stats first, I record those.

The navy captain in guard's uniform was a level 13 merchant captain.

After hiring he was already above level 20 and classified as navigator, because my test character is high level.

BTW, forgot to mention, he had no equipment after hiring.

how did you check the pre hire level?

Dialog option, after you ask for money, and he asks what you want to do with him and crew, if you say hire him as officer, there is the normal hire an officer "let me see your skills first" option. You select that, he shows you his current abilities. Then you can talk to him again to hire him. Works same as any tavern table officer hire.

I installed the file from post 10. I boarded a Spanish Navy ship, after doing that.
The captain have no weapons!

Attachments

• error.log
    18.3 KB · Views: 152
Got another navy captain, this time he WAS set as a navy, not a merchant captain, and his level made sense. He was level 17 navy captain prehiring, and had a tier 7 ship, which is a correct possible level for him given the formula and his rank bonus of 10.

I think the bug is with Tier 8 navy captains, the one who got turned to a merchant was tier 8.

But again he had no weapons or equipment, even on that tier 7

Last edited:
Back