• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[WIP] New ship Cannon

Lloyd_Lintch

Landlubber
I've been modeling new cannon for Age of Pirate 2.

I'm actually installing these new model on every ship.

Here a screen of the new model, It's been 6 years since I've use 3dsmax so these model aren't perfect and the texture aren't great.

For the moment I've only created one ship whit the new cannon to see if it work and experience any problem or slow down. (Since the Heavy cannon have a High poly count for a small object)
I'm going to post screen shot in game if you are interested, else I will just do it for myself :).

Looks pretty good to me; how are you planning to get your modifications in the game?

To import them in-game I have to modify every ship.gm ... delete the actual cannon from the ship then install mine.

Here some screen shot in-game, this is the only ship I've modified so far.

What program are you using for replacing the cannons? Maya or Tool?
Tool would give some unwanted side-effects (reverse lighting effect).

I was planning to use TOOL but since you mention the Bug, I might try Maya instead, if I can figure out how to use it.
But right now I'm not satisfied whit these model, so I'm remodeling and gonna add better texture.

And what do you mean by reverse lighting effect.

Btw. Is there a way to export Locator and then import them into Maya ?

I never used Maya, so I can not help you with any specifics on that; ask on the Storm Engine Modeling forum.

The reverse lighting effect is a rather odd one: ships look as if they're lighted from one side,
while the ight source (sun/moon) is on the OTHER side. Very weird effect.

I'm not sure if Maya can import any locators, but if the worst comes to the worst,
you can export the locators of the original file with the TOOL, then make your adjustments with Maya.
After that, export with Maya, open with TOOL then re-import the locators you had exported previously.

Back