• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug [WIP] own boarding sailors as source of gold

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
This is obviously NOT the highest priority now, just recording it for later.

While testing merchant captain surrenders, one of my own crew was knocked out in the fight. I guess an enemy must have lost his sword and beaten him unconcious or something.

I talked to him, and the dialogue let me ask for his sword. It opened his inventory, and besides the normal weapons and armor from the locker, he has around 4,500 gold coins I could take from him.

(I was playing a level 50 test character, so since my boarding crew is based on my own player character level, he must have been high level and had alot of gold because of it)

Anyway, at some point maybe a check should be added so that player character sailors don't generate with gold coins, so the player can't take them from them. They probably wouldn't bring their money into battle in a giant sack.

I have often seen that lately, I think after installing Levis ZIP.

@Tingyun didn't you change some things in the equipment code for boarders?

For bugs reported with a new ZIP, I'm afraid somebody is going to need to double check if it affects the last EXE too.
Have to distinguish between the two, otherwise it becomes searching for a needle in a haystack when I can find the time to fix stuff.

@Levis Not for friendly boarders I don't think.

For all enemies, I gave them a chance to spawn with armor in my experiments. It wouldn't cause this.

I always pay attention to my changes, and if I see a bug possiblly related, I back out to the main release version I have installed and recheck to confirm it is there also. :)

EDIT: Or do you mean in my modifications for the main mod? No, I never changed anything there with equipment, just in my personal experiments.

Back