• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug [WIP] WorldMap Encounter: France vs. France

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
I can't do a proper bug report for this because I was unable to get any savegame or logfile around the time of the incident. So instead you get to laugh at this battle report - I didn't want to get involved in this so I went looking for something better to pirate. :g2
france_vs_france.jpg

I can't do a proper bug report for this because I was unable to get any savegame or logfile around the time of the incident. So instead you get to laugh at this battle report - I didn't want to get involved in this so I went looking for something better to pirate. :g2
@Levis: More accidental effects from the Captain Generation I assume...? :unsure

I can't do a proper bug report for this because I was unable to get any savegame or logfile around the time of the incident.
I think that screenshot says enough, so to prevent this being forgotten, I made a Bug Tracker entry out of it anyway.

Last edited:
@Levis: More accidental effects from the Captain Generation I assume...? :unsure
The captain generation doesn't determine the nation, it has the nation as input. This is determined by the encounter code which isn't changed....

The captain generation doesn't determine the nation, it has the nation as input. This is determined by the encounter code which isn't changed....
It doesn't make sense though; we've never had a report of "same nation vs. same nation" in many, MANY years.
So what changed now to make that possible? :shock

@Grey Roger: I assume you saw the worldmap ships fighting. Did they actually both appear French on the WorldMap as well?

That's the even odder thing. If I remember correctly, "worldmap ships" is incorrect as there was only one, which I chased before initiating the contact which led to that report. What's worse is that normally I save game before starting a battle like that so I can reload if it goes wrong, or if I decide that maybe I shouldn't have gone into that battle at all, and if I'd done that this time then I'd have had something for you to work on.

So somehow a single ship worldmap encounter became a fleet? o_O

If I remember correctly, a single worldmap encounter generated a report about two fleets, yes.

In that case, it suggests like the "communication" between the worldmap encounters and the subsequent 3D Sailing Mode encounter is somehow broken.
Or it uses old data. Or whatever. Not good in any case. :modding

@Grey Roger did this happen more often or is this an isolated case?

It could be there was another ship closeby enough to also be counted as encounter. One of the ships was the small patrol and the other the large battlefleet. Does that sound like what could have happened?

It could be there was another ship closeby enough to also be counted as encounter. One of the ships was the small patrol and the other the large battlefleet. Does that sound like what could have happened?
Not likely at all. I'm pretty sure that unless a worldmap is generated AS a battle, you won't actually get in a battle.
In other words: Unless there are two ships visibly fighting on the worldmap, it isn't a fleet-vs-fleet battle.

Even if a separate ship is almost on top of another ship at the same time that you are there,
that counts as two separate encounters and you can trigger only one encounter at a time so won't get a battle.

Not likely at all. I'm pretty sure that unless a worldmap is generated AS a battle, you won't actually get in a battle.
In other words: Unless there are two ships visibly fighting on the worldmap, it isn't a fleet-vs-fleet battle.

Even if a separate ship is almost on top of another ship at the same time that you are there,
that counts as two separate encounters and you can trigger only one encounter at a time so won't get a battle.
Uhm....you know that for sure? I'm pretty sure if you are close to two ship both encounters will spawn ...

My experience in the past matches @Pieter Boelen's. If I'm close to two ships, one encounter with one group will be generated. If I refuse it, the other group seems to think it's been rejected too, which is annoying if I'm chasing after an enemy nation's ship and a pirate is chasing me. I press "Space" to try to engage my target, am offered battle with the pirates, which I don't want because I'm after the other group that could be merchants, but now I can't engage that either.

Back