• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wisconsin Students Build Pirate Chopper!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Just when I was beginning to give up all hope in the American education system, I ran in to a story that makes me think that maybe things aren't as bad as I feared and there is still some hope! Three students from the Two Rivers High School in Two Rivers, Wisconsin got together with one of their instructors and built a mini-chopper. Which is pretty cool in it's self, but this not just any old bike, this is a pirate themed mini-chopper! The project was part of a county wide program that gives students real world experience to help prepare them for work after school.

The schools mascot is a Purple Raider, so naturally since most of Wisconsin is pretty landlocked, he needed something suitable to carry off his plunder! As you can see in the video, the chopper has front spokes that look like a ships wheel, plasma cut scimitars for the front forks. There is a big treasure map painted on the gas tank, with an X marking the schools location. The battery and electrical wiring are housed in a treasure chest under the seat, and a custom paint job features an air-brushed treasure map on the gas tank, and a skull and cross bones on the rear fender. It even has a working flintlock, but firing has been disabled.

You can read the full story over at the Herald Times Reporter!

Attachments

• Purple_Raiders.jpeg
    Purple_Raiders.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back