• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wish to help anyway I can

Mikeydmc

Landlubber
My name is Michael or mikeydmc and I absolutely love this community this is probably the best community I've ever seen everyone is so nice and helpful. I've been keeping an eye on Hearts of Oak for a long time and I would like to offer my help in anyway I can. Unfortunately I don't have any of the more desirable skills like modeling or texturing, but I do check these forum almost daily and I am also a history buff, I feel I may be able to help in Creative Support and Brainstorming, Game Promotion and Advertising, and do to the extensive amount of games I have played I may be even able to help in Quest Writing. Once again I really appreciate the work this community does and I would love to be able help in anyway I can.

Ahoy Michael, experience has never been a requirement around here mate. I was not much of a modder when I first started, and I am really not much of one now, a willingness to help and learn is all that is required. Creative support and brainstorming is a big help, it's always good to bounce your ideas off as many people as you can, you never know just where it will lead. I have seen some really awesome things come about that way.

We definitely need all the advertising and game promotion we can get. Are you a member of several forums that you can advertise us on? Or did you have something else in mind?

Welcome to the forum, mate! :cheers

We did change our "Creative Support and Brainstorming" situation a bit, because we want to focus on our short-term goals for a while,
rather than getting confused with all sorts of fancy long-term ideas.

However, Promotion is definitely very important and you would be welcome to start on that straight away. See the relevant PM that I added you to.
We're currently figuring out how to set up the Quest Writing effort, but I have added you to the recruitment PM thread for that in any case.

Thanks for the responses I am not a member in a ton of forums, but I am a frequent user of nexus mods and I was thinking it might help if New Horizon was posted on the sight to help draw attention to the pirates ahoy community along with possibly trying get some of the many modders from that sites help out through the forums there or maybe with the mods possible publicity.

Also I'm willing to help in any way I can

It is a big site that host mods similar to Moddb they just recently allowed any game mods to be hosted, it is mainly popular for their Bethesda RPGs like fallout and Elder Scrolls but their is a lot on their and they have a huge community.

I missed your post because I didn't refresh the page because I was on when you responded sorry about that

Last edited:
Interesting, that looks like a pretty big site, it would sure be nice to get a good posting somewhere on there. Although we don't have anything really for Hearts of Oak yet ready for download, it might be a good way to wet some people appetites if we posted New Horizons over there. That is a pretty old game compared to the rest of the ones on there though.

Back