• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Woodes Rogers medicine chest etherbottle

pedrwyth

Privateer
Storm Modder
Been playing Woodes Rogers in build 14 3.4 19 January 2015

In the medicine chest section there was no dialogue with the girl in the den to get the Etherbottle stalling the quest.

Found that opium_girl_dialogue.c was in Woodes Rogers storyline dialogues without an accompanying .h file in ENGLISH subdirectory.

Removed the . c file (because they are in global dialogues anyway) and could continue with no problems.

I see 3.5 WIP does n't put this file in there anyway so reloaded 3.4 to check it was still there on unpacking and not a one off glitch and it was still there.

Posted this mostly so anyone searching the forum for help on being stuck (like I did) can find a way to proceed without using a jumpstart to skip this section and move on.

Note - The opium den dialogue as it is can lead you to an enforced purchase of Ether (in any storyline) at an exorbitant price with no chance to refuse if you don't like the price (but Hey that's what you get for frequenting such places!)

In my game from 10 april there is neither a opium_girl.c nor a opium_gir.h in WoodesRogers folder.
So maybe this is already fixed?

Back