• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Work in Progress - Behind the scenes of Artwork, Music and Modeling

Good to see smaller boats getting some much needed attention! She looking really good mate, and would certainly make a good pirate! :onya

@Flannery, you certainly seem to have mastered the art of shipbuilding. The model looks very well-made. :doff

Thanks all for the kind words :)

Here is a small update pic showing the work on the stern gallery. SwanSloop9.png

That 3D view is really pretty cool, thanks for posting mate! She is really looking grate! :woot

Alright! The Swan Class Sloop is now pretty much done. A few minor things for me to fix, but its now as it will look.
Sails will be added when she is launched in the game. I will probably not add any more rigging for this game.
Hope you enjoy!

Swan Class Sloop by flannery - 3D model

Happy Talk Like a Pirate day!!

Alright!

Here is a little question for you...

What ship is this? Should be a no-brainer for most, but then again...
And of course... Why on earth am I making it for ToW...
Or AM I making it for ToW.... Hmmm.... The questions.... and all the possibilities.... they are endless....
I guess we might find out some day.... Or not....
:bounce:wp:pirates:facepalm:rumgone
upload_2016-9-20_22-11-47.png upload_2016-9-20_22-12-18.png

*Sees the ship's name in the file path at the top of the screenshots*

Hmm, that's a tough one, I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped... :razz

*Sees the ship's name in the file path at the top of the screenshots*

Hmm, that's a tough one, I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped... :razz
Harr, harr, harr, harr...... :)

As the HMS Unicorn model I am making for the HM Unicorn Preservation project/VR Museum is ultimately also going to be in Tides of War - in a slightly simpler form than in the VR Museum, I figured I would show you all some of the ongoing work on it.

The current Build you can test out - HMS Unicorn Virtual Museum | PiratesAhoy! - does not allow you to explore the lower decks and the orlop - and the captains quarters is not walled in or furnished.

SO I figured I would show you the current state of the model that will soon make its way into the actual playable scene :)
Here are some resent screens.

I wish to also make you all aware that the Stove now sitting in the model was given to me to be used by our old Pirates Ahoy! friend @Wedori
I have reduced and altered it slightly to fit the looks of the one that was used in HMS Trincomalee (The Unicorn's sister ship)
So credits to @Wedori and a great thanks to him for saving me the work of making it myself :)

Anyway... here are the screenshots:
NB!! Dont mind the quality of the renders or the lighting. Its pretty much just set up for me to test as I go on working and to update my colleagues at Wolf Pack Games :)

Upper deck with Longboats:
Ship.png

Ship details upper deck and main deck:
Details1.png
Details2.png

Captain quarters: (Early work)
CptQuart.png

Officer Cabins and Surgeons Cabin:
OffCabin.png

Cabins, sleeping area for the sailors (hammocks are being worked on atm) and Mess area:
CabMess.png

Mess area:

Mess.png

Main deck Capstan:
CapstanMainDeck.png

Stove on Main Deck: (Base model modeled by @Wedori - altered by Flannery)
Stove.png

Last edited:
Not for me either on my phone. They did show on my computer last night. I will check why it doesn't show when I get home

You used the slack channel pics, so you can only see them if you are part of the slack team.

Fixed :)

Thanks for the heads up, @Captain Murphy - I was not aware that it only copied the URL ;)

Back